**to All The Drivers Here**

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Any Goverment that serves three terms must by definition be unhealthy. Can we hear it for Thatcher and Blair?

Vote Monster Raving Loony Party who ensure us that all cars will in future run on alcohol.

Instead of lining some rich sheik's pocket for all that fossil fuel under the sand, we will plant fields of sugar beet along Hadrian's wall and ferment it :)

You think I'm joking don't you? Cars wil run on alcohol and all you need for alcohol is sugar and some big fermenting tanks.

Reaction score
I've said vite OMRLP all along :)

They sound like a silly bunch but they have some REALLY good ideas :)

I have no problem with ID cards - what i found interesting is that when they put biometrics in, e.g. fingerprints, they will check your prints against any outstanding crime that has not yet been solved... so much for just being an ID card!!

Also, finger prints are not unique... theres a 1 in 63 billion chance that you share your prints with another person :)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
On the other hand our car commuter Nick Waddington declared himself "pleasantly surprised" at his bill for £126.77 for a month - or £1,512 a year.

He makes a daily 32-mile journey into the Birmingham offices of Knight Frank where he is a chartered surveyor.

o.gif
start_quote_rb.gif
He was dismayed at his monthly road charging "bill" - which is the highest of all four motorists
end_quote_rb.gif

inline_dashed_line.gif

Results of the BBC experiment

He says that if the roads became less congested as a result of road charging, he might be able to cut 20 minutes off his journey and spend more time either with his family or actually working.

Can you believe this Dick....:mad:

Note the name of the guy Nick waddington...Should be (DickWad) dington..

Shortsighted springs to mind in this case..:p

Oh I know I already pay £160 a year road tax, I don't mind paying another £1512.00 a year to keep Tony and his cronies happy and in the lap of luxury..:lol:

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
You think I'm joking don't you? Cars wil run on alcohol and all you need for alcohol is sugar and some big fermenting tanks.

No flops I did it in 70s article>>http://century.guardian.co.uk/1970-1979/Story/0,6051,106860,00.html
Even as a garage proprietor I could not get a supply of fuel for 3 weeks, hence Whiskey by the bottle expensive though,;) the cars were all over the road> Zig Zag Hic! Hic!:lol:

Reaction score
From itsme's link:
"When garages re-opened after the weekend forecourt rationing was almost universal, while some irate drivers rang the motoring organisations to report prices of up to 50p a gallon".:eek:

Reaction score
feckit said:
From itsme's link:
"When garages re-opened after the weekend forecourt rationing was almost universal, while some irate drivers rang the motoring organisations to report prices of up to 50p a gallon".:eek:

Yes it was then on average 30p a gallon:D
When I first had a car it was a Morris Eight series E
bowdown.gif
It was so slow I had to get out and run at the side of it to make sure it was still moving
laughingsmiley.gif
>
http://www.motorbase.com/vehicle/by-id/1070/
It would use more oil than petrol
laughingsmiley.gif
Petrol then was five/six gallons for a £1 note
Think it cheap nope, I were earning £ 3.16s A week:D

Reaction score
Haha! was going to ask what the 0-60 was then saw its max speed was 58mph

Still - 36mpg - about twice as economical as my car!!

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Haha! was going to ask what the 0-60 was then saw its max speed was 58mph

And that was going downhill free wheeling:lol:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I'm going green on me next car . Me and a mate have been experimenting with a diesel car we got for £50 with 3 months tax on it . Put in one gallon of diesel to one gallon of veg oil initially and it ran and started ok . We are now running it at one gallon of diesel to two gallons of veg oil and it still runs and starts ok . Done over 3000 miles so far . No conversion done just a bog standard citroen diesel car . We are working on how to fry chips as we drive as our next project .

:p:D

Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
I'm going green on me next car . Me and a mate have been experimenting with a diesel car we got for £50 with 3 months tax on it . Put in one gallon of diesel to one gallon of veg oil initially and it ran and started ok . We are now running it at one gallon of diesel to two gallons of veg oil and it still runs and starts ok . Done over 3000 miles so far . No conversion done just a bog standard citroen diesel car . We are working on how to fry chips as we drive as our next project .

:p:D

Here you are matey>http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32589&highlight=running+oil+deisel ;)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Thanks itsme . We did a lot of research a couple of years ago . Found out about conversion kits and what thye did etc etc . Its they way to go for me . That is when me cavalier packs in paid £285 for it 4 years ago and it just keeps on passing the MOT . Still does over 40m to the gallon . :D

Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Thanks itsme . We did a lot of research a couple of years ago . Found out about conversion kits and what thye did etc etc . Its they way to go for me . That is when me cavalier packs in paid £285 for it 4 years ago and it just keeps on passing the MOT . Still does over 40m to the gallon . :D

Good car you have there! as I say look after your Vehicle and it will look after you;) I have been adding VO for years:) In a Pajero 2.5 TDI/Ford Galxy Etc: saved myself a fortune:D Just make sure the fuel filter is cleaned often get a glas one when you have a car that you want to keep:)

Reaction score
Don't use veg oil in a CRD (Common Rail) diesel engine either - you'll knacker the high pressure injectors...

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Did see a thing on the news a few weeks back on this guy running his car on used Oil from his local chippy, don't laugh its true and said the guy at the chippy kept the old oil for him and he filtered it and used it on a regular basis, only problem was he said people in the village complained because his car smelt like a chip shop....:lol:

Also had to let the taxman know he was doing it and estimated he was using 20 litres of chipy oil a week and had a bill from the taxman for 20x7p a week, which he duly paid as he was getting the oil for nowt, and just paying for his Cod and chips twice a week....:nod:

Seriously I thought it was great...:thumb:

Ask a Question