Thought I'd throw out a potential fix to all the Toshiba users out
there.

http://community.compuserve.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?msg=65182.1&nav=messages&webtag=ws-laptop&ss=

Graham Apr 29 2004, 3:12 am show options

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
From: Graham <[email protected]> - Find messages by this
author
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 11:12:07 +0100
Subject: TMEEJM_WND not responding error
| Report Abuse

Hi,

We have a Toshiba Portege R100 running XP pro, with the latest critical

updates applied.

Since last weekend, we have started to have a problem when shutting
down. The process/program TMEEJM_WND is not responding.

Does anyone know what this process is ? Is is part of XP ?

It seems to coincide with having had previous problems with Outlook
opening an Excel or other office attachment, but that may be complete
separate issue and nothing to do with the TMEEJM issue.

I have searched for other references to this process and can find a
couple of people asking the same question on other forums but no
answers
so far.

Any help/suggestions gratefully received. Is there an easy way for me
see which application/executable/dll is the source of TMEEJM_WND ?

Cheers

Graham

Rick Nutcase Rogers Apr 29 2004, 3:53 am show options

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
From: "Rick \"Nutcase\" Rogers" <[email protected]> - Find messages by this
author
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 06:53:18 -0400
Subject: Re: TMEEJM_WND not responding error
| Report Abuse

Hi,

A short search reveals only a few instances of similar error messages,
and
they all seem to be related to various Toshiba products. I would
speculate
that a system-specific process (this does not appear to be a Windows
process) is not terminating properly. I would suspect it is a Toshiba
driver
file that is causing the problem. You might try manually killing
processes
before shutting down to see if you can isolate it, or you may also want
contact Toshiba support to see if this is a known issue.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.c­om/
Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/ex­pertzone

We have a Toshiba Portege R100 running XP pro, with the latest critical
updates applied.

Since last weekend, we have started to have a problem when shutting down.
The process/program TMEEJM_WND is not responding.

Does anyone know what this process is ? Is is part of XP ?

It seems to coincide with having had previous problems with Outlook
opening an Excel or other office attachment, but that may be complete
separate issue and nothing to do with the TMEEJM issue.

I have searched for other references to this process and can find a couple
of people asking the same question on other forums but no answers so far.

Any help/suggestions gratefully received. Is there an easy way for me to
see which application/executable/dll is the source of TMEEJM_WND ?

Graham

Graham Apr 29 2004, 4:24 am show options

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
From: Graham <[email protected]> - Find messages by this
author
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 12:24:06 +0100
| Report Abuse

Hi,

A short search reveals only a few instances of similar error messages, and
they all seem to be related to various Toshiba products.

Yes, I got a similar impression..

I would speculate
that a system-specific process (this does not appear to be a Windows
process) is not terminating properly. I would suspect it is a Toshiba driver
file that is causing the problem. You might try manually killing processes
before shutting down to see if you can isolate it, or you may also want to
contact Toshiba support to see if this is a known issue.

I should probably have said in the first post that I had contacted them

and am waiting to hear back ...
I'll post here when I hear from them.

Thanks for the response.. if anyone else knows what this is I would
appreciate knowing :)

Cheers

Graham

rjrcooper

I have had the same problem on my Toshiba Tecra 9100 (XP SP2) for
long time now. After reading the above (below?) post, I uninstalle
Toshiba's "Mobile Extension" using add/remove programs from th
Control Panel and I no longer get the error when shutting down.

Also, I am now able to put my laptop in standby, which it had stoppe
allowing me to do.

I never dock my laptop any more so I guess I don't need the mobil
extension. There appears to be only one Mobile Extension for th
Tecra 9100 - t910mex3x.exe - so I can't "upgrade" it

Hope this helps someone else and thanks to Jennifer for pointing me i
the right direction