Time reset

G

Hi there, I have Windows XP Professional running on my computer. It is a Celeron 366M. The problem I have is that every time I reset the computer the XP clock resets to midnight January 1st 1601. I have checked in my CMOS when I boot, and it has the correct time and date stored, somehow it just doesn't get that information to Windows XP. This is mostly a nuisance, and I can just reset the clock every time, but it's getting annoying, and if there is a fix, I would appreciate it greatly.

R

roger

Hi,

Hi there, I have Windows XP Professional running on my computer. It is a Celeron 366M. The problem I have is that every time I reset the computer the XP clock resets to midnight January 1st 1601. I have checked in my CMOS when I boot, and it has the correct time and date stored, somehow it just doesn't get that information to Windows XP. This is mostly a nuisance, and I can just reset the clock every time, but it's getting annoying, and if there is a fix, I would appreciate it greatly.

Check this thread:
http://www.computing.net/windowsxp/wwwboard/forum/106160.html

HTH

G

Thank you roger, I think that link helped. Just gotta figure out how to do a flash update I gues

----- roger wrote: ----

Hi

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 12:06:02 -0700, "Christopher
Hi there, I have Windows XP Professional running on my computer. It is a Celeron 366M. The problem I have is that every time I reset the computer the XP clock resets to midnight January 1st 1601. I have checked in my CMOS when I boot, and it has the correct time and date stored, somehow it just doesn't get that information to Windows XP. This is mostly a nuisance, and I can just reset the clock every time, but it's getting annoying, and if there is a fix, I would appreciate it greatly

Check this thread
http://www.computing.net/windowsxp/wwwboard/forum/106160.htm

HT

R

roger

You're welcome, Christopher :)
When doing the flash update, you have to identify the motherboard's
manufacturer and version, and make sure the update applies to that
specific motherboard.

A wrong update or an interrupted one (if the power goes off or
something) can wreak havoc with the BIOS. So be careful.

You can look up flash update in Google to research this action.

Ask a Question