Time/Date input masks

G

I use the Short Date and Medium Time in my tables to display dates and times as follows, 02/20/2004 and 11:35PM. I have seen input masks that reformat the time and date when it is incorrectly entered instead of prompting the user to re-enter the values correctly. If the user enters 022004 in the date field it will be changed to 02/20/04, 1135 or 1135a will be changed to 11:35AM. How is this done?

G

Thanks a lot Wayne, I followed your advice and it worked just as I intended. Would it be just as easy to add a button to this same form that will give the user an option to print a word document? I have another table, “TaskInfo†which includes a field, “CatIDâ€. 19 CatID records have 1 page word documents associated with them that may or may not need to be printed at the same time as the work order. I have figured out how to include a command button that will print the document to a report named “rpChklistâ€, but would it be possible to allow the user to have the option to print the checklist associated with the work order category that CatID identifies?

W

Wayne Morgan

Word can be opened using the Shell command with the document as a command
line parameter. I believe it would then be possible to use DDE to tell it to
print the document.

--
Wayne Morgan
Microsoft Access MVP

Notap said:
Thanks a lot Wayne, I followed your advice and it worked just as I
intended. Would it be just as easy to add a button to this same form that
will give the user an option to print a word document? I have another table,
"TaskInfo" which includes a field, "CatID". 19 CatID records have 1 page
word documents associated with them that may or may not need to be printed
at the same time as the work order. I have figured out how to include a
command button that will print the document to a report named "rpChklist",
but would it be possible to allow the user to have the option to print the
checklist associated with the work order category that CatID identifies?

G

Sorry, It seems that I sent this message to the wrong subject. I was referring to the subject “Event Procedure form to report†in the Access Forms discussion where you gave me advice on a similar problem. Please see my message there
Thank

Ask a Question