Tim Berners-Lee announces new vision for internet, putting data privacy first

News Tim Berners-Lee announces new vision for internet, putting data privacy first

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Becky submitted a new article:

Tim Berners-Lee announces new vision for internet, putting data privacy first - The new platform could change the web as we know it - for the better

Personal data has become a valuable commodity. It is gathered by large corporations, traded, and used to generate as much profit as possible. After all, we do live in a capitalist world, and everything has a price.

But why should it be this way? In general people have been slow to realise the value of their personal data - that is, if they ever realise it at all - and Tim Berners-Lee, inventor of the worldwide web, wants this to change. Rather than giving away our data, he has been working...

Read more about this article...

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
It sounds really interesting, and certainly a lot simpler and more secure from the user perspective. Guess time will tell whether it actually takes off... I imagine the big tech companies won't be at all happy!

Abraham Andres Luna

Child of God
Reaction score
I signed up for a POD and tried to use the app but it has some bugs in it. I got shown 3 or 4 different errors as I was using it :confused:

Ask a Question