    I have been unable to find the drivers for the motherboard video and
    sound. Can someone where I can find them.

    Thanks in advance

    Mrlopez, Jan 31, 2005

  2. Mrlopez

    kony Guest

    On 31 Jan 2005 10:13:24 -0800, "Mrlopez" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >I have a Tiger GT 233
    >233 AMD K6-2
    >On board video and sound
    >
    >I have been unable to find the drivers for the motherboard video and
    >sound. Can someone where I can find them.
    >
    >Thanks in advance

    Check the motherboard manual or note the markings on the
    motherboard chips. The primary (larger) northbridge and
    southbridge will guide you.

    It's probably ALI, Via, or Sis. You should be able to find
    the chipset drivers by googling for the respective website.

    As for audio, if your board has a seperate sound chip, go to
    that manufacturer's website. If not, seek southbridge sound
    driver from chipset manufacturer.

    If would certainly help if you can locate manufacturer, or
    perhaps it's a remarked PChips motherboard. You might have
    luck identifying it by going to the "PCChips Lottery".
    http://www.stud.fernuni-hagen.de/q3998142/pcchips/

    If all else fails, write down the chip markings and post
    them here.

    kony, Feb 1, 2005

  3. Mrlopez

    John McGaw Guest

    Mrlopez wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have a Tiger GT 233
    > 233 AMD K6-2
    > On board video and sound
    >
    > I have been unable to find the drivers for the motherboard video and
    > sound. Can someone where I can find them.
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    It certainly sounds like a Tyan board name. Have you checked their site
    for your board type? A quick search didn't turn up anything for "Tiger
    GT" but there are a lot of similar names floating around there.

    --
    John McGaw
    [Knoxville, TN, USA]

    John McGaw, Feb 2, 2005
  4. Mrlopez

    Mrlopez Guest

    The Brand of the PC is Tiger and the Model is GT 233

    I received no manufacturer on a google search.

    Mrlopez, Feb 8, 2005
  5. Mrlopez

    Pen Guest

    You will have to post the make/model of the
    major chips, as was already suggested to get help.
    The board isn't a Tyan.

    Pen, Feb 8, 2005