This game wont run.

Reaction score
I'll try what I can to make this post as detailed as I can but,

I've been meaning to play an specific game; WonderKing by nDoors and I downloaded, installed and so forth.

However when I load the game (Load.exe), it opens Hackshield (Which fully loads), then the game opens up (Flora.EXE)-- It gets to the first loading screen, and then when that loading screen finishes the game crashed instantly. I don't even see the login screen or anything.

My computer specifications are fine, my files are fine, I'm up to date, I've reinstalled numerous times, there's no firewalls or anti virus' blocking it, I'm not banned or suspended, I've played before (Some months ago) so I know I can run it.

What I did manage to catch a glimpse of, though... Is when the game is crashing, if I press Alt+Tab, I see an EXE program in the list, and its name is "WonderkingDbgHelpApplication"-- But I can't open it up or select it or anything.

The main WonderKing folder has "dbghelp.dll" in it, so I deleted it and the launcher created a new one; Still the same error.
I replaced it with an old version I found on google, same error.
So I googled it, and a specific site said that if I have an Error window regarding Dbghelp, my drivers could be out of date; So I updated my drivers, and I still get the same problem. (The WonderkingDbgHelpApplication was never a window anyway, it was only a visual from the Alt+Tab list so it might not have been the correct answer; Either way it didn't work)

I've done numerous Virus scans, adware scans, spyware scans, trojan scan etc. and what was found was deleted or healed, but I still have this problem.

I've gone to the desktop and opened properties, went to Trouble shoot and lowered it down 2 notches (One above the Disable Direct Draw and so forth; Any lower and the game wont even run-- Personal experience from many games) and I still get the issue.

I have all the files, apparent by a friend and I comparing the amount of files and data; They're exact.
I even had him send over his whole game folder, and put it in another folder; Same error for those too.

The staff for the game don't even respond to my plea, or anyone's for that matter-- Their assistance is very poor and I'm not a high tech genius. I'm not sure what to do.

Each of these I've done, then tested WonderKing with;

I've updated to Service Pack 3,
Updated my video driver,
Run virus scan, trojan scan, adware, spyware, etc. Scan,
Closed all unnecessary programs,
Ran Gamebooster,
Toggled Troubleshooter down,
Ran Window Mode,
Deleted Dbghelp.dll, let the launcher create a new one,
Downloaded an older version of Dbghelp.dll and replaced the one in WK Folder,
Downloaded Windows Symbols Pack,
Downloaded CCleaner and ran it multiple times,
Downloaded Registry Easy,
Downloaded Ad-aware,
Downloaded Advanced System Care,
Tried Compatibility mode,
Replaced Flora.EXE,
Replaced Load.EXE,
Had a friend send over his whole folder,
Reinstalled MULTIPLE times,
Changed installation directory paths,
Changed Flora.EXE's priority to Highest,
Changed Load.EXE's priority to Highest,

And there's probably more, I can't think of right now.

I have posted this issue in 3 Technical Support forums and 1 other site and there's been no responses (I assume because no one could answer; the topic died, because every other topic got answered but mine.)
The Support tickets of nDoors take days to Reply, and when they do reply I'm already 7 steps ahead of what they're suggesting.

Yes my DivX works,
My DirectDraw 3d and stuff works.
Everything in my "dxdiag" works.
I can run the game, I have run it before.
Nothing drastic has changed that I havn't mentioned above (Like SP3) that was an attempted solution.
My RAM is fine.
My computer is fine.

I don't have a clue, what on Earth is wrong.

A few times, until after I did some updates, a Notepad file would appear in the main WonderKing folder just after the game crashed, then disappear. I managed to open it and save a copy and this is what it says;

¹ß»ý½Ã°£ : 2010³â5¿ù8ÀÏ 23:3:45
¹ß»ý¿øÀÎ : À߸øµÈ ÂüÁ¶°¡ ¹ß»ýÇÏ¿´½À´Ï´Ù
¹ß»ýÁ¤º¸ : MapNum : 0
¿À·ùÁÖ¼Ò : 0x73f143e2
==================ÄÄÇ»ÅÍ Á¤º¸==================
¿î¿µÃ¼Á¦ : Windows 954.0.950
±×·¡ÇÈ Ä«µå : SiS 661FX
CPU : Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.80GHz
DirectX : 9.0c
==================¸Þ¸ð¸® Á¤º¸==================
Àüü ¸Þ¸ð¸® : 383MB
»ç¿ëÇÑ ¸Þ¸ð¸® : 6MB
°¡»ó ¸Þ¸ð¸® : 2047MB
»ç¿ëÇÑ °¡»ó ¸Þ¸ð¸® : 1523MB
ºñµð¿À ¸Þ¸ð¸® : 128MB
=================·¹Áö½ºÅÍ Á¤º¸=================
EDI : 0x1e769120
ESI : 0x0db43fe4
EAX : 0x00005622
EBX : 0x00006176
ECX : 0x0000004a
EDX : 0x0000000e
EIP : 0x73f143e2
EBP : 0x0013f494
SegCs : 0x0000001b
EFlags : 0x00010202
ESP : 0x0013f48c
SegSs : 0x00000023
10.0x42354d
The game's files can be seen here:
Here.

Oh, I ended up going to Start > Run and typing in "dbghelp.dll" and got this:
dbghelp.jpg

Later on I typed "regsvr32 dbghelp.dll" and got this too:
RegSvr32DBGHelppRegis.jpg

I've tried multiple forums and no one can give me an answer. Help please.

I'm running Windows XP, Service Pack 3.

Last edited:

Ask a Question