Think-tank says 'downgrade Christmas'

Reaction score
Christmas should be downgraded unless other religious festivals are marked on an even footing, a Government think-tank has said.

The Institute of Public Policy Research has suggested various ideas to make the UK more multicultural.

It also wants "national culture" barriers to be torn down to help immigrants settle into the UK.

In a report due to be published in coming weeks, the organisation said: "If we are going to continue to mark Christmas - and it would be very hard to expunge it from our national life even if we wanted to - then public organisations should mark other major religious festivals too.

"Even-handedness dictates that we provide public recognition to minority cultures and traditions."

It emerged in 2006 that three out of four employers were not putting up Christmas decorations in the workplace for fear of offending staff of other cultures.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
What an utter load of b*****s . Do the Indians downsize Ramadam , do the Muslims stop calling out from their towers at prayer time , do the Catholics stop waving their incensce burners . Like hell they do .
Best thing those think tank folk can do is stick their heads back up their a***s .

nod.gif

Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
Hmm thats whats known as a Septic tank :lol:

laughingsmiley.gif

******** to these namby pamby little people with their stupid suggestions.

They only make them because if they don't they lose their pointless little jobs.

Bloody spineless ridiculous country.

I read about this in the Express (! It's my Mum's - it was the only one available :X) and there was a Conservative Muslim woman who called ita load of cr@p pretty much.

Bah. I hate people.:D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
feckit said:
Christmas should be downgraded unless other religious festivals are marked on an even footing, a Government think-tank has said.

The Institute of Public Policy Research has suggested various ideas to make the UK more multicultural.

It also wants "national culture" barriers to be torn down to help immigrants settle into the UK.

In a report due to be published in coming weeks, the organisation said: "If we are going to continue to mark Christmas - and it would be very hard to expunge it from our national life even if we wanted to - then public organisations should mark other major religious festivals too.

"Even-handedness dictates that we provide public recognition to minority cultures and traditions."

It emerged in 2006 that three out of four employers were not putting up Christmas decorations in the workplace for fear of offending staff of other cultures.

The source, please.

This smacks of one of those 'factual' stories that esteemed organs such as the Daily Mail might peddle to stir up hatred and division.

It is probably a complete falsehood but panders to those who seem to get off on moaning and persecuting, even though what they perceive to be truth is often imagined.

Myself, FWIW, were I to head a think tank I'd outlaw all religion worldwide.

That action could very well result in world peace after a while...

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ah, here we are: Happy Solstice

Notice the words 'leaked report'

Christmas is coming up and it seems to me somebody has decided on some mischief making and to wind up those gullible sections of society.

Don't bust a bloodvessel guys and gals... ;)

And remember the maxim 'divide and rule'

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Oh to be nurtured and guided by those that know,
to be selected by a few inside their space,
to be shown the true light instead of the dim bulb,

Thanks Flops i used to believe the mail :D

Electronics & Photo Fan

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
That paper again

Ha, that would be the Daily Mail. Can't stand the thing, exaggerated, invented rubbish.

Flops: "This smacks of one of those 'factual' stories that esteemed organs such as the Daily Mail might peddle to stir up hatred and division."

I thought I was the only one who hated it!

Though I know your thoughts on mainstream media are practically the same across the board floppy