    workbook (free) that can run on any Windows PC or compatible running
    Microsoft Excel 95 or later, and any Macintosh or compatible running Excel
    5.0 or later."

    five, Sep 13, 2003

  2. five

    DC Guest

    On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 22:48:52 +0100, five <> wrote:
    > http://web.newsguy.com/steve-makohin/Bike/FuelLogbook/FuelLogbook.html
    >
    > "The Ultimate Fuel Logbook and Mileage Spreadsheet was born from a desire to
    > keep track of a car's fuel economy. Over time, it evolved into a
    > professional-quality, sophisticated, yet very intuitive and flexible tool
    > for tracking and analysing a vehicle's fuel consumption.
    >
    > The entire suite of services is delivered as a single Microsoft Excel
    > workbook (free) that can run on any Windows PC or compatible running
    > Microsoft Excel 95 or later, and any Macintosh or compatible running Excel
    > 5.0 or later."

    Interesting. In attempting to open with OO.org, Gnumeric and KSpread,
    all 4 files contained in the .zip appear to be password protected.

    Yet, from the web site:

    <q>
    The Ultimate Fuel Logbook and Mileage Spreadsheet is 100% free. You may
    use and distribute it freely, free of charge. No warrantees exist,
    expressed or implied.
    </q>

    Can anyone confirm? }:O\

    --
    DC

    Microsoft is not the answer, it is the question. The answer is NO.

    DC, Sep 14, 2003

  3. five

    delete Guest

    DC <> wrote in

    > Interesting. In attempting to open with OO.org, Gnumeric and KSpread,
    > all 4 files contained in the .zip appear to be password protected.
    >

    > Can anyone confirm? }:O\

    Downloaded and opened ok here using Win2k, Office XP. No password required
    although they do have macros which may be incompatible.

    delete, Sep 14, 2003
  4. five

    Dixon Butz Guest

    On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 01:29:35 GMT, delete <> wrote:

    >DC <> wrote in
    >
    >> Interesting. In attempting to open with OO.org, Gnumeric and KSpread,
    >> all 4 files contained in the .zip appear to be password protected.
    >>

    >> Can anyone confirm? }:O\
    >>

    >Downloaded and opened ok here using Win2k, Office XP. No password required
    >although they do have macros which may be incompatible.

    It has a Excel book protection password(6b1b7b3b1b3b5).

    Dixon Butz, Sep 14, 2003
  5. five

    DC Guest

    On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 01:29:35 GMT, delete <> wrote:
    > DC <> wrote in
    >
    >> Interesting. In attempting to open with OO.org, Gnumeric and KSpread,
    >> all 4 files contained in the .zip appear to be password protected.
    >>
    >> Can anyone confirm? }:O\

    > Downloaded and opened ok here using Win2k, Office XP. No password required
    > although they do have macros which may be incompatible.

    Here is the error I get. Could a macro possibly cause this?

    http://m0053m4n.tripod.com/screens/OpenOffice_error.png

    Weird.

    DC, Sep 16, 2003
  6. five

    DC Guest

    On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 22:01:59 -0400, Dixon Butz <> wrote:
    > On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 01:29:35 GMT, delete <> wrote:
    >
    >>DC <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> Interesting. In attempting to open with OO.org, Gnumeric and KSpread,
    >>> all 4 files contained in the .zip appear to be password protected.
    >>>
    >>> Can anyone confirm? }:O\

    >>Downloaded and opened ok here using Win2k, Office XP. No password required
    >>although they do have macros which may be incompatible.

    > It has a Excel book protection password(6b1b7b3b1b3b5).

    Could you explain how this helps? Does it allow you to access the file
    in any of the aforementioned spreadsheet apps?

    Thank you.

    DC, Sep 16, 2003
  7. five

    Dixon Butz Guest

    On 16 Sep 2003 04:20:13 GMT, DC <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 22:01:59 -0400, Dixon Butz <> wrote:
    >> On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 01:29:35 GMT, delete <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>DC <> wrote in

    >>>Downloaded and opened ok here using Win2k, Office XP. No password required
    >>>although they do have macros which may be incompatible.

    >> It has a Excel book protection password(6b1b7b3b1b3b5).
    >>

    >Could you explain how this helps? Does it allow you to access the file
    >in any of the aforementioned spreadsheet apps?
    >
    >Thank you.

    This type of password does not prevent it from opening. It prevents
    the user from making changes to the formulas and code. It opens fine
    is MS Excel.

    Dixon Butz, Sep 16, 2003
  8. five

    DC Guest

    On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 08:01:08 -0400, Dixon Butz <> wrote:
    > On 16 Sep 2003 04:20:13 GMT, DC <> wrote:

    >>> It has a Excel book protection password(6b1b7b3b1b3b5).
    >>>

    >>Could you explain how this helps? Does it allow you to access the file
    >>in any of the aforementioned spreadsheet apps?
    >>
    >>Thank you.

    > This type of password does not prevent it from opening. It prevents
    > the user from making changes to the formulas and code.

    I see.

    > It opens fine is MS Excel.

    This doesn't answer the more important of my two questions,
    unfortunately.

    DC, Sep 17, 2003