The server was unable to allocate from the system nonpaged pool because the pool was empty

BAseline

Hi, people

Anybody had already seen this problem???? when apper this message the server
(Windows 2000 Server - Domain Controller) stop to sharing folders and the
users can´t to make network login, it´s necessary to restart the server.

Thanks

Elvecio - Brazil

Kevin McNiel [MSFT]

This is typically caused by a memory leak on the system. Did you install or
patch any applications, add hardware, or update any drivers just prior to
noticing the problem?

Follow the steps in Knowledge Base article 177415 How to Use Memory Pool
Monitor (Poolmon.exe) to Troubleshoot Kernel Mode
(http://support.microsoft.com/?id=177415) and try to identify the source of
the memory leak.

Kevin McNiel, MCSE/MCSA
Platform Server Setup Group

Please reply to the Group only, This address cannot receive incoming
messages.

BAseline

Kevin,

I discover that the problem is caused by VirusScan (NAI) 8.0i installed. So,
I checked in www.nai.com and found a Patch do resolve this problem. After a
aplied the pacth the problem didn't happen more.

I hope that this action will be the last action...

Thanks.

Elvecio - Brazil

Kevin McNiel [MSFT]

Excellent. Thanks for the update.

Kevin McNiel, MCSE/MCSA
Platform Server Setup Group

Please reply to the Group only, This address cannot receive incoming
messages.

Joined
Feb 8, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
can you please give me a link to update i have the same problem and i cant get ride of it
Thanks you

BAseline said:
Kevin,

I discover that the problem is caused by VirusScan (NAI) 8.0i installed. So,
I checked in www.nai.com and found a Patch do resolve this problem. After a
aplied the pacth the problem didn't happen more.

I hope that this action will be the last action...

Thanks.

Elvecio - Brazil

news:[email protected]...