Windows Vista The Network path was not found (Error code : 0x80070035)

Reaction score
Dear PC Review friends,

I am trying to re-network my XP and Vista home premiums back together. I was able to share files a few days ago, but now it is acting very unusual. I can sometimes see the name of my XP computer in the Vista "Network" section, but am not able to open it to view and edit files.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Joe

P.S. I might add that I am using a DLink router, and that I have managed to connect to the XP once : when it was NOT logged on. Strange?

Last edited:
Reaction score
JoeBlow9878 said:
Dear PC Review friends,

I am trying to re-network my XP and Vista home premiums back together. I was able to share files a few days ago, but now it is acting very unusual. I can sometimes see the name of my XP computer in the Vista "Network" section, but am not able to open it to view and edit files.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Joe

P.S. I might add that I am using a DLink router, and that I have managed to connect to the XP once : when it was NOT logged on. Strange?

Hi Joe......
happywave.gif
happywave.gif
happywave.gif

Welcoem to the forum......
happywave.gif
happywave.gif
happywave.gif

I'm taking the easy option here..HAve you tried Googling the error code..? I did and came up with quite a few answers, most pretty much the same, and all point towards firewall settings..I'd say Goole the code and have a read around.....
nod.gif

Reaction score
Hello Madxgraphics,

Yes, I did try Googling, I phoned DLink, and they said that they would re-route me to their paying service to fix the problem. Fine, so I phone HP instead. No luck there. After more than an hour on the phone they say for $70 they will re-route me to their paying support. That is when I decided to contact PC Review. Seeing the site to be from UK, I thought I might get some decent support. :)

Thanks for the warm welcome, Madxgraphics.

As you said, it was a firewall problem. I finally found out that I had a third-party firewall on my XP, and I had two firewalls on the vista. After unblocking TCP 445 in one of the two firewalls on my vista (the other already had it unblocked), and disabling the third-party firewall on the XP, my networking is working again. The thing that I don't understand, however, is why did it stop working in the first place? It was working fine for months, and then just suddenly stopped working!

Oh well, it has been about 24 hours that I have started searching for an answer, and if finally works! Thank you to PC Review, and especially to Madxgraphics!

Joe

P.S. Am I supposed to mark this post as resolved somehow? Or is there any way to give you points for answer my question?

Reaction score
I'm sure MadX would gracefully accept any thanks ya might like to give
him...welcome to the forum....dont think there's a point system here.
Zzzzz

Last edited:
Reaction score
JoeBlow9878 said:
Yes, I really am grateful to Madxgraphics!

I knew the British could help me!

Joe

Erm technically I am South African...But live in the UK...lol And Captain Zed is Irish...lol...But hey glad you got it sorted and didn't get routed to another over expensive Support center...$70 is a fare chunk for a phone call..Do they not have toll free..As for marking resolved..I think people that look at it will be able to tell you have the problem sorted, and others might want to add their experience if they have had the same problem.

Reaction score
Sorry. :( When I saw your "signature" (Proud to be British) I figured you were. I do have some roots in South Africa, too. :)

Anyways, thanks again for helping me!

Joe

Reaction score
JoeBlow9878 said:
Sorry. :( When I saw your "signature" (Proud to be British) I figured you were. I do have some roots in South Africa, too. :)

Joe

LOL the plot thickens....
Zzzzz

Reaction score
JoeBlow9878 said:

Joe

Well the Proud to be British thing come from the fact I have been here for 16 years or so, me passport says British, my parents are English..And although I was born in SA, I can't honestly think of anything in that country that would make me say I am proud of it..Beautiful couuntry, but as far as I am concerned, thats where the buck stops...So from that I call myself British...

Ask a Question