The language of light!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Photography is all about writing or painting with light. Without light there could be no photography. The Greek roots of the word "photographer" means "light writer." Like words in a poem, light can evoke an emotional response that takes pictures beyond the ordinary.

When you pick up a guide on photography, invariably the first chapter is bound to be dedicated to light and how to tame it. There are many books and articles one can refer to, some make sense some don't. Newbies get confused and give up in frustration. I have come across scores of articles on this very web and I tried to find one which is easy to follow, full of details and above all conveys the basic idea of the importance of light.

If you are really wanting to shoot beyond the ordinary take a look at this fabulous article on the Kodak website, it really is an eye opener!.

Previous Link which now does not work

It is unfortunate that Kodak has removed that fantastic article but I have found another one dealing with lighting and is also very informative

Lighting

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Some good pointers can be had there ... thanks Quad. ;)

Reaction score
Quadophile said:
Photography is all about writing or painting with light. Without light there could be no photography. The Greek roots of the word "photographer" means "light writer." Like words in a poem, light can evoke an emotional response that takes pictures beyond the ordinary.

When you pick up a guide on photography, invariably the first chapter is bound to be dedicated to light and how to tame it. There are many books and articles one can refer to, some make sense some don't. Newbies get confused and give up in frustration. I have come across scores of articles on this very web and I tried to find one which is easy to follow, full of details and above all conveys the basic idea of the importance of light.

If you are really wanting to shoot beyond the ordinary take a look at this fabulous article on the Kodak website, it really is an eye opener!.

The language of light!

link didn't work for me,. is there an updated one ? :)

Sil

Reaction score
Sorry, the page you were trying to access,

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/consumer/education/programs/light/index.shtml

does not exist.

These guidelines may assist you in finding the information you seek:

If you typed in a URL (Web address), make sure it is correct. Make sure you use slashes (//) and not back slashes (\\) in the URLs.

You may want to either start at the Kodak.com home page or perform a search.

If you are accessing this material through an old bookmark, the information may have moved or no longer exist. You can always contact Kodak. Be sure to include the full URL with an explanation of the content you are requesting.

If you followed a hyperlink on kodak.com and arrived at this page, please contact Kodak to notify us of this broken link.

Reaction score
Quadophile said:

The language of light!

read the date on this post its 2002!!!!!

this is pcr history

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
No wonder its not working its nearly 3 years out of date....LOL HA HA.

Ask a Question