The effects of rewriting a MBR

Reaction score
Yesterday I rewrote my MBR because it was damaged. I am running windows xp, i was happy to see the computer going into windows but very dissapointed to see that all my shortcuts on the desktop, all 15months of my documents, my pictures and a few other things have just seeemed to have vanished!

but the good news is that they are still on my computer. if i go to the c drive then documents and settings and click on my name and look in my documents, my pictures all my files appear to be here.

im not sure about this but i think it feels like every time i reboot my computer all my changes that i made such as adjusting the start menu seem to revert back to normal.

could some1 please tell me what the effects are of rewriting an MBR and are my problems characteristic of this?

thank u so much
godbless

Reaction score
sounds like either your profile path is incorrect or the profile itself is corrupt, try creating a new account or try system restore.

James

Ask a Question