The Database is Read only When it is not (self lockout)

Reaction score
I am in development stage and I have used the security wizard from MS access for most users I have given Full Access writes.

During testing Something the database gives me message that that “the database is Readonly” when I am the only user at this point and some how I am self locking myself.

I am sure that no one else has opened the database , the other interesting thing is that ( when I get this message I exist from the database and then check the root file for the database , to my surprise there is no ldb file created neither for the database nor for the security file for the database , and when I try to log in it again gives me “read-only” message.

I have check the properties on the network for the database (and it is not READONLY)

Some how I am self locking myself the only way I can fix this is by logging on a different machine and logging out.

Note : The main database on the network has some linked tables to C:\temp.mdb database

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue

Thanks

Raj

Ask a Question