The best advice so far!!

David H. Lipman

Look at the content, not the format.

The Top Post <--> Bottom Post argument is BS!

Dave

"PCyr" <johndoe532004AThotmailDOTcom> wrote in message
| Why are you post-dating. Don't you think that's a bit hypocritical of you?
|
| Here's much better advice:
| http:// davechalk connected.ipbhost.com/ index.php?showtopic=1802
|
| --
| Paul Cyr

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

David said:
Look at the content, not the format.

The Top Post <--> Bottom Post argument is BS!

Agreed - it's tiresome. However, I believe he was referring to the fact that
the original post is dated sometime in the future. Post-dated, not bottom
posted.

David H. Lipman

My mistake. Of course it could be a Time Zone reason.

Dave

He's referring to the date/time.

PCyr

Did you look at the headers?

Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2004 07:00:00 +0100
From: Miss Perspicacia Tick <[email protected]>
Subject: The best advice so far!!
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

--
Paul Cyr

-----

The Debate Continues... www.xvsxp.com

Protect Yourself and Others in 6 Simple Steps...
http://davechalkconnected.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=1802
-----

Ken Blake

In
PCyr said:
I'm refering to the fact that Miss Perspicacia Tick is posting 3
hours ahead of time. The equivilent of cutting in front of someone
at the grocery store.

That's only true if you choose to sort your messages in
descending date order. Not everyone does.

The best reason for not post-dating is that some news servers
will automatically delete any message that is significantly
post-dated. So post-dating decreases the size of your audience.