Thank You Microsoft . . . .

kurttrail

Dan

Will a statue be set up for Alex Nichol at Redmond, WA at Microsoft HQ?

: . . . . For acknowledging the passing of Alex.
: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/default.mspx
:
: "Windows XP MVP Alex Nichol 1935-2005"
:
: "Alex Nichol
: [http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/meetexperts/nichol.mspx],
: who shared his knowledge in the online community and helped people
: around the world learn about Windows computing, has passed away. Mr.
: Nichol's friends are sharing memories on the Windows Support Center
: [http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=12206]."
:
: --
: Kurtis Kirsch
:
:

cquirke (MVP Windows shell/user)

"kurttrail" <[email protected]> wrote in message
: . . . . For acknowledging the passing of Alex.
: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/default.mspx
: "Windows XP MVP Alex Nichol 1935-2005"

I'd like to see his name remembered in an annual award for excellence.

Yes, he really was that good - he was an inspiration to me! I had the
good fortune to travel down to Bournemouth to meet him once, when
visiting my then-partner in London around the turn of the century. It
was raining, and we didn't see Bournemouth but geeked around with
Windows instead <g> It's really painful to lose him

------------ ----- ---- --- -- - - - -
Our senses are our UI to reality

kurttrail

cquirke said:
I'd like to see his name remembered in an annual award for excellence.

Yes, he really was that good - he was an inspiration to me! I had the
good fortune to travel down to Bournemouth to meet him once, when
visiting my then-partner in London around the turn of the century. It
was raining, and we didn't see Bournemouth but geeked around with
Windows instead <g> It's really painful to lose him

That is a great idea! An Award for the best of the best. Perfect
actually.

Dan

WOW, I really know that he is even more special than I thought if he impacted
you as well, Chris. <!!!>

message :
: Our senses are our UI to reality

Dan

I agree with you Kurt and Chris. Hopefully, it will be done because Alex
Nichol was so special to all of us even to a newbie in this newsgroups like
me. I have only been around a little while as compared to others that have
been posting to Microsoft newsgroups for a long time.

: >