Text box don't show information

jeanulrich00

Hi

I have a form "FrmCalculation" this form is not related to a table or
a query

On this form I have many text box with formulas like =[Forms]!
[Startup]![ProjectNumber] ...the form "Startup" is allways open

or formulas like = Dsum(.....) or Dcount(.......) etc.

The problem is when I open the form I don't see information. If I
click with the mouse in a text box, information appear. So I have to
click on each tex box to see all information.

I have try Me.recalc on the form opening event with no success
I have try Me.Repaint and it is the same

The only way i found is on the opening event to focus on each text box
and I am sure there is a simpliest way to do that.

Thanks for helping

Damon Heron

Where do you have the formulas? If they are typed in as an expression in
the controlsource field in Properties, then they should show up. If these
dsum, dcount stmts are dependent upon some other field on the form, then
that field has to be calculated, first maybe put the calculation in the
onload event of the form?

Damon

jeanulrich00

[...]

Thanks for helping- Hide quoted text -

First I have a form bounded to a table "FrmStartup" table "TblStarup"

On the Startup form "FrmStartup" I have a field name
"ProjectDescription"

On the form Startup I also have a button that opens another form
"FrmMainInfos"

The form "FrmStartup" is allways active means that user cannot close
it

On the second form (unbound form) "FrmMainInfos" I have a textbox with
a formula in the controlsource propriety formula is =[Forms]!
[FrmStartup]![ProjectDescription]

After i click on the button to open "FrmMainInfos", I don't see the
name of the project. But if I click on the textbox, name of the
project appears !

As I have many textbox with formulas like =dsum("[field]',"table")
when I open the form i see nothing. The only way I found is to focus
on each textbox on the open event of the form. I have try some
command on onload event but it is not working

thanks for helping

Damon Heron

And I am suggesting putting the code:
=[Forms]![FrmStartup]![ProjectDescription]
in the on load event of the frmMainInfos as:
me.[yourtextboxname] = [Forms]![FrmStartup]![ProjectDescription]

You could also pass the information from frmStartup using
OpenArgs:

docmd.openform "frmMainInfos",,,,,,ProjectDescription
then on the frmMainInfos onload event,
me.yourtextbox = ProjectDescription

You might read up on OpenArgs before trying this. Are the rest of your
formulas dependent upon anything on frmStartup?

Damon

[...]

No the others formulas are not related to the "FrmStartup" form. It
is infos comming from others tables and I use formula like =Dsum(....)
to obtain some totals from those tables

Thanks for answering, I will look for details regarding Onload event
and also the possibility to put code on the button that open
"FrmMainInfos"