Template question

John Smith

Can someone please advise how I can make a simple one page template with, at
the top and at the bottom of the page, address info and a few coloured
graphics all copied from a pre-printed letter head sheet I have?
Thanks

John Smith

So far so good... :)
I'd like help with another aspect of the template creation please...
Creation of Header and Footer successful.

I now need to copy a small graphic from the pre-printed letter and place
this in the bottom right hand corner of the template letter.

I have done this using a scan of the whole of the pre-printed letter and
using Page Layout/Watermark but the end result is there is a slight blue
coloration to the template letter ..in itself that's not such a
problem..in fact it looks quite good..but it results in a three fold
increase in the kb size of the docx file.

So the question is, in order to reduce the kb size of the file how can I
either:-
1) Change the slight blue color of the scan of the original pre-printed
letter
to white (I tried Page Layout/Page Color/white + /no color without success),
or
2) Add only the small graphic to the bottom right of the page, rather than a
scan of the full blueish page with the graphic?

Hope that makes sense!?

Thanks, John

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Suzanne S. Barnhill

I would very much advise isolating the graphic and inserting only it, if
only to reduce the size of the template (since, as you have seen, a
full-page graphic will certainly inflate it, and changing the background
color of the graphic would not make it any smaller). If you can obtain a
graphic file for the image alone (from the designer or printer or some other
source), this would be ideal.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)