Temperature sensor

Reaction score
Temperature sensor

What’s the best sensor viewer Re: CPU MOBO Etc:

I find some give a false reading IE: speed fan/sensor view. Are there any others around that are dependable and free?

Come on I am waiting for the wise cracks.:D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Depends how accurate the mb sensors are i guess. Never had a prob myself, Speedfan, coretemp, asus probe and tat all read the same for me give or take a degree or two.

Under system info here.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Like V_R I go with CoreTemp and the latest SpeedFan :thumb:

Reaction score
V_R said:
Depends how accurate the mb sensors are i guess. Never had a prob myself, Speedfan, coretemp, asus probe and tat all read the same for me give or take a degree or two.

Under system info here.

No problems with the PC its just that IE: Speedfan showing CPU TEMP 26C CPU FAN 6600 Revs:eek: Sensor view showing CPU TEMP 46-50C CPU FAN 2640 Revs:D

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Like V_R I go with CoreTemp and the latest SpeedFan :thumb:

core with speedfan fluctuates 26c to 55c and I mean back and forward all the time. but with SIW it is a steady 48c under full load [crunching]:D

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
itsme said:
core with speedfan fluctuates 26c to 55c and I mean back and forward all the time. but with SIW it is a steady 48c under full load [crunching]:D
No problems with Speedfan on my machines doing that :confused:

What is SIW?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Thats odd, SF is fine on my pc, reads the same as core temp all the time, your got the latest version? (4.32)

Maybe its your pc!? At the end of the day, dont they just read the same sensors?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
V_R said:
Thats odd, SF is fine on my pc, reads the same as core temp all the time, your got the latest version? (4.32)

Maybe its your pc!? At the end of the day, don't they just read the same sensors?
Nope, not all MBs use the same sensors. ;)

onboard MB sensors are cheap chips and are really only there to give you an idea of the temps.

CoreTemp can use the CPU itself, was only recently both Intel & AMD released the White Paper and logarithms.

:user:

Reaction score
V_R said:

Maybe its your pc!? At the end of the day, dont they just read the same sensors?
( 4.32) Yep
nope definetly not the PC this time..... running like a dream...Fast no hiccups whatsoever... I was just curious as to why they were all differing:)

Ask a Question