    2 -layer thick, with the Start Button at the top left corner. Isn't
    there a restore default button that I can click to restore everything back
    to normal. Thanks

    Jimmy Hsu, Apr 13, 2009

  2. Jimmy Hsu

    nass Guest

    "Jimmy Hsu" wrote:

    > While dragging around the Taskbar, I somehow messed it up. Now the bar is
    > two layer thick with the icons stacked on top of each other. I tried
    > dragging it in all sorts of ways, and it gets worst. Now it is vertical,
    > 2 -layer thick, with the Start Button at the top left corner. Isn't
    > there a restore default button that I can click to restore everything back
    > to normal. Thanks

    Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

    Restore Taskbar to Default Functionality
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/xp_taskbar_desktop_fixall.vbs

    HTH,
    nass
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ^^^ http://www.nasstec.co.uk ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    nass, Apr 13, 2009

  3. Jimmy Hsu

    Jose Guest

    On Apr 13, 12:52 pm, "Jimmy Hsu" <> wrote:
    > While dragging around the Taskbar, I  somehow messed it up.  Now the bar is
    > two layer thick with the icons stacked on top of each other.  I tried
    > dragging it in all sorts of ways, and it gets worst.   Now it is vertical,
    > 2 -layer thick,  with the Start Button   at the top left corner.  Isn't
    > there a restore default button that I can click to restore everything back
    > to normal.  Thanks

    First, your Taskbar needs to be unlocked. Right click in an empty
    area of the Taskbar and uncheck the Lock the Taskbar option if it is
    checked.

    Now you can grab your Taskbar with your left mouse button and drag it
    where ever you want, but you can only move it by grabbing it in an
    unused section (blue in my case). You can't drag it if you try to
    grab it in the Quick Launch area. Grab it in an empty blue area
    somewhere above/before/close to the clock and while holding the left
    mouse key down, drag it until it is where you want, like to the bottom
    of your screen. Release the mouse button when it is where you like
    it. It may still be too wide but that is next.

    With the Taskbar still unlocked (now at the bottom of your screen I
    hope), move your mouse cursor slowly from the empty desktop area until
    it just touches the top of the Taskbar and it will turn into a two
    headed up and down arrow. Left click and hold then slide the top of
    the Taskbar up and down until it is one layer thick, if that is the
    way you like it. Your icons will unstack themselves.

    Once you get it looking the way you want and where you want, right
    click the Taskbar again and lock the Taskbar.

    Jose, Apr 14, 2009
  4. Jimmy Hsu

    Jimmy Hsu Guest

    It worked, Many thanks