Taskbar stops "auto-hiding"

G

04/01/0

Greetings

There are numerous entries asking for help to restore the Taskbar auto-hide feature - but beyond describing the steps required to select the "auto-hide" feature as your preference in "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties", none of the responses provide any real information on WHY the Taskbar stops "hiding", or HOW to actually FIX the problem (restore auto-hide).

Why DOES the Taskbar stop hiding, and is there a recognized method to restore the "auto-hide" feature so it works properly again

I read the post about the "Taskbar Repair Tool Plus", and can probably resort to using the Tool, but I would prefer to learn more about what causes the problem in the first place, and it certainly appears that enough people have reported the issue to result in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article on how to fix it. Any and all information and/or suggestions welcome, and thank you one and all in advance... have a great weekend, it's almost here

Daniel D
Santa Monica, CA

G

Hello Kelly,

Thanks for taking the time to respond - what did you mean by "Ask MS-PSS"? I had already downloaded the Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!, and then I found a link for "Customize Auto Hide Taskbar Settings" through the "Troubleshoot Windows XP" link you provided. When I clicked the new link, however, a download for "TaskbarActivate.zip" was activated instead of opening an product info page, and I was unable to find any details on what it is, does, etc. I'd appreciate any addtional information you might provide - thank you again, and enjoy your weekend!

Daniel D.
Santa Monica, CA

Ask a Question