Task Scheduler

Mike Griffiths

When trying to setup new taks Iget this error.

The new task has been created but may not run because the
account information could not be sent.
The specific error is: 0x800700a: The data area passed to
a system call is too small.

Any ideas?

Thanks

MikeG

Rashmi.K.Y [MSFT]

Hi,

I understand that the system displays the following message when you create
a new task.

The new task has been created, but may not run because the account
information could not be set. The specific error is:
0x8007007a: The data area passed to a system call is too small.

Please find the article that provides the information on how to resolve the
issue:

Task Scheduler Returns a "HRESULT: 0x8007007A" Error Message After You Save
Many Jobs
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=264522

Resolution mentioned in the article:

To work around this behavior, stop and start the task scheduler service,
wait for 10 to 15 minutes, and then schedule jobs.

There is a scavenger tool in task scheduler that runs 10 minutes after the
service is started. This tool frees the memory that is still being used by
deleted or scheduled jobs.

This should resolve the issue.

Thank you,

Rashmi