table wont sort in some versions of word 2003

Johnnyboy5

I have a document with a large table into and links to REF later on in
the document - what I am finding is that on some computers it will
sort fine on others it wont and it wants to send an error report to
microsoft.

All using word 2003.

Any idea

happy to send doc to be looked at if required.

Johnnyboy

Stefan Blom

You are saying that on some computers Word crashes when sorting the table? Can this be consistently reproduced?

How about configuration? Are there any differences between the computers where Word crashes and where it doesn't crash?

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

________________________________
"Johnnyboy5" wrote in message
[...]

I think it might be something to do with needing SP3 pack for word
2003 - but is there another way to fix the table - as I need to use on
various computer in work and they wont let me mess with them all -

Note if I delete the column with the "Text Form Fields" in the cells
it sorts OK.

Also on my pc with SP3 on it the sort works fine. Is there something
I can do with the "test form Fields" to get the sort to work on NON
SP3 word 2003 computers ?

Can send a copy ofthe table if you would like to examine it.

Thanks

Johnnyboy

Johnnyboy5

I think it might be something to do with needing SP3 pack for word
2003 - but is there another way to fix the table - as I need to use on
various computer in work and they wont let me mess with them all -

Note if I delete the column with the "Text Form Fields" in the cells
it sorts OK.

Also on my pc with SP3 on it the sort works fine.   Is there something
I can do with the "test form Fields" to get the sort to work on NON
SP3 word 2003 computers ?

Can send a copy ofthe table if you would like to examine it.

Thanks

Johnnyboy

I have made a quick 7 column with 6 rows and if I leave a "drop down"
pick list in one the cells "no - yes" it wont sort - but if I delete
the pick list it will - this is in the version of word 2003 that
doesnt work.

John

Johnnyboy5

I think it might be something to do with needing SP3 pack for word
2003 - but is there another way to fix the table - as I need to use on
various computer in work and they wont let me mess with them all -

Note if I delete the column with the "Text Form Fields" in the cells
it sorts OK.

Also on my pc with SP3 on it the sort works fine.   Is there something
I can do with the "test form Fields" to get the sort to work on NON
SP3 word 2003 computers ?

Can send a copy ofthe table if you would like to examine it.

Thanks

Johnnyboy

Solution = installed the SP3 pack - now table is sorting on the other
computers using WORD 2003.

johnnyboy

Stefan Blom

I'm glad you got it sorted. Thank you for the follow-up.

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP