Tabcontrol/tabpages not visible

G

Hi! I am using a tabcontrol with two tabpages on a form.Each of the tabpages has a panel with some controls on them. When I run the application, I can see only the controls on the first panel of the first tabpage. I cannot see the tabs on the tabcontrol. What am I missing
Any suggestions/help would be great :-
Thanks for your time
Raj

M

Maarten Struys, eMVP

Did you create the tabcontrol using the designer? If not, did you make sure
to add the tabpage to the tabcontrol, e.g.
this.tabControl1.Controls.Add(this.tabPage2);

Perhaps you can show us the code to create the tabcontrol and the tabpages.
That might help us to help you further.
--
Regards,

Maarten Struys, eMVP
PTS Software bv

www.opennetcf.org | www.dotnetfordevices.com

Raj said:
Hi! I am using a tabcontrol with two tabpages on a form.Each of the
tabpages has a panel with some controls on them. When I run the application,
I can see only the controls on the first panel of the first tabpage. I
cannot see the tabs on the tabcontrol. What am I missing?

G

I think I figured out what was going on. I assumed that the screen space on a pocket pc was 240 x 320. So when I have a menu bar, tab control, tab pages and panels, the dimensions change. The tab control doesn't align automatically vertically but it does so horizontally with the form. So when creating the tabcontrol, I have to take into account the height of the menu bar; for panels, the height of the tabpage title-text has to be taken into account (when I use panels on tab pages)

I am not sure if I make any sense but I am still playing with the UI controls and referring to
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/ui_guide_ppc/htm/_UIguide_start.as
for design issue

Thank you for the response
Regards
Raj

Ask a Question