Tab color, Font color

dhockin

I have some code that will create a list of sheets in the book and
formats the cell color to the same color as the worksheet tab. This
works fine until I get to a darker tab color. Excel will use the dark
color and the default font of black sometimes makes the cell visuall7y
unreadable. Excel seems to have an inherent approach to give the tab
font a white or similar font when using very dark blue, black, red etc
tab colors.

The tab font color property however does not seem to be exposed to
VBA.

Does anyone have a workaround?

Jim Cone

You could create a lookup table or a set of arrays containing
all of the 56 fill colors with the corresponding font color to use.
However, for what its worth, I would work around it by not coloring the cell.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

<[email protected]>