System_Service_Exception

brandonman

Hello! I built my system about a year and a half ago, and things have been running relatively smoothly, until recently. It has been taking Vista a very long time, and many attempts by me at rebooting to get going. Yesterday, I was working for at least 2 hours trying to get the thing to boot. Finally, I just turned it loose for 30 minutes and came back, thankfully, to the login screen. It had been freezing up at the loading bar every other time. It ran just fine after that.

Today, I woke up, and went ahead and started booting. It went right through the loading, and to the login. "Too easy" I thought. I was right. I logged in, and WHAM, BSOD. I've been searching on my laptop, rebooting, and booting into safe mode all morning. Thank god I have this laptop, otherwise, I'd be stuck. Here are the details I took down from the BSOD:
STOP: 0x0000003B
(0x00000000C0000005, 0x0000000000000000, 0xFFFFFA600AE9CEE0, 0x0000000000000000)

I noticed that in the tiny amount of time I had before the BSOD, it said that the Audio Device was not Installed, and the Audio Service is Not Running. I do have my headphones plugged in. I popped them out and plugged in my speakers, thinking *maybe* they were the problem with that, but no dice. (This is in safe and normal mode)

Thanks for reading! If you need more details, please let me know!

System specs: 150 GB harddrive (I have 4 gigs left... A 1TB should be here today or tomorrow)
4GB RAM (2x2 sticks)
8800GT graphics card
Q6600 CPU
Vista 64bit Ultimate

Spirit

Remove A LOT of stuff from your drive and check, it could be page file
related.
(Defrag in Safe Mode)

Turn OFF ALL antivirus and spyware programs. Use Windows Firewall and
Defender until problem solved. (I use them all the time.)

Video drivers are a key cause.

A. Go to maker's sites and get the latest drivers. DO NOT use check for
drivers in
Device Manager and DO NOT use a Maker's Site SCAN for DRIVERS and DO
NOT use Windows Update for device drivers. These are ALWAYS old and may
actually overwrite newer versions. (You can replace drivers in Safe Mode)
While
at maker's sites look for instructions on HOW TO UPDATE DRIVERS and HOW
TO REMOVE OLD DRIVERS (which is sometimes needed).

You can always boot into SAFE MODE and delete the Video Drivers in Device
Manager which I would do 1st. Boot into Windows and see if the error stops.
(Sound, Network, Wi-Fi, and other Specific Device drivers are also possible
trouble sources. Be sure to look for any Hard Disk related drivers if any.)

B. Reseat memory, all cards and cables. Actually remove and replace, do not
just snug
them up.

Keep Windows Updates ON, just do not use its Device Drivers, IF and show up
then
HIDE THEM. You can then go look at maker's sites for newer versions.
How To Disable Automatic Driver Installation In Windows Vista

http://www.addictivetips.com/window...tomatic-driver-installation-in-windows-vista/

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc730606(WS.10).aspx

in message

Spirit

Also check your memory timings and other settings and DO NOT OVERCLOCK
until after issue is resolved. (Would not do this on a needed machine
anyway.)

in message
news:uROxcam%[email protected]...