System.data.sqlclient.sqlerror

Viol-8-R

Hello people
I am trying to restore DB from a Live company (using SSMS, restore) to Test and following is the error message I get and can't do the restore.

System.data.sqlclient.sqlerror: exclusive access could not be obtained because the database is in use

Please help

Sylvain Lafontaine

You should ask this question to a newsgroup specifically dedicated to SQL-Server such as microsoft.public.sqlserver.server. This newsgroup is about problems using ADP against a SQL-Server and has nothing to do with problems exclusively related to SQL-Server.

Before reposting, you should also mention in your post if you are trying to restore the database over an existing database or to a new database or location. Adding other details might also help.

--
Sylvain Lafontaine, ing.
MVP - Technologies Virtual-PC

Hello people
I am trying to restore DB from a Live company (using SSMS, restore) to Test and following is the error message I get and can't do the restore.

System.data.sqlclient.sqlerror: exclusive access could not be obtained because the database is in use

Please help

Viol-8-R

No worries, I realized after I sent the message that I have touched the sensitive people

"Sylvain Lafontaine" <sylvain aei ca (fill the blanks, no spam please)> wrote in message You should ask this question to a newsgroup specifically dedicated to SQL-Server such as microsoft.public.sqlserver.server. This newsgroup is about problems using ADP against a SQL-Server and has nothing to do with problems exclusively related to SQL-Server.