Sync of recurring apts. is an hour later on PPC than Dsktop

jeff06

I just got a Dell Axim (PPC 2003), and am having a
problem syncing my recurring appointments. Normal one-
time appointments having matching times on my desktop
outlook calendar and my PPC calendar. However, recurring
appointments are always one hour later on my PPC than on
my desktop. If I enter them on my desktop, they are one
hour late on my PPC and if I enter them on my PPC they
are one hour early on my desktop. I have made sure that
my system clock on my desktop is set to the right time,
and that daylight savings is checked. I have also tried
to do the same in Outlook under Tools > Options >
Calendar > Time Zones, but it doesn't seem like it holds
the check under the daylight savings. Every time I hit
the button to change time zone info it is unchecked. I
can put in an alternate time zone and the dalight savings
button stays checked, but that doesn't do anything, and
the swap time zones button is always greyed out and
unclickable.

Help! (before I break something... :)

Kasey Quanrud [MS]

What operating system are you running on? Also, what is your current
time-zone?

Thanks,
Kasey Quanrud

Scott Fellman [MSFT]

All,

Outlook calculates times based on both time zone and Daylight savings time
settings. Make sure that everyone accessing updating the appointments in
question have the EXACT same settings for DST (this is found by double
clicking your clock in the system tray and going to the Time Zone tab. If
DST isn't the same on the machines accessing the appointment, you will see
these problems.

The resolution is to get DST set the same for all users, then recreate the
appointment.

Scott Fellman
Microsoft