    pointing out. When I print in my old computer it prints nicely but when I
    try to print it in my new computer all I get is literally the letter k two
    times: KK . Can someone help me?

    L. T. Portella, Jul 24, 2003

  2. Given these clues, it's likely you used a character from a font that is not
    installed on your new computer, such as Adobe Woodtype Ornaments (though the
    hands are mapped to E and F in that font). If you can ascertain what font is
    involved, you can copy it to your new computer. Or you can use a similar
    character from another font. Similar characters may be found in Wingdings
    (characters 69 and 70--i.e., E and F).

    --
    Suzanne S. Barnhill
    Microsoft MVP (Word)

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Jul 24, 2003

  3. L. T. Portella

    Hi Ho Silver Guest

    There are several hands with finger pointing in the Character Map...I use a
    lot of symbols from Character Map and have a shortcut for it placed on the
    Quick Launch area at the left of my Taskbar, comes in handy.
    John
    -----------------------

    Hi Ho Silver, Jul 27, 2003
  4. Another tip: if you insert a symbol such as a pointing hand at the beginning
    of a line (paragraph) and find that it has suddenly turned into another
    symbol, blame Word's AutoCorrect "correcting" the symbol to a "capital."
    This drove me crazy for a while on one occasion when the pointing hand I was
    inserting from Woodtype Ornaments kept switching directions!

    --

    "Hi Ho Silver" <24601@hidden> wrote in message
    > Thanks for that tip, Suzanne, I learned something!
    > John
    >
    > "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <> wrote in message
    > > The Character Map is merely one way of accessing font characters. Word's

    > own
    > > Insert | Symbol dialog does much the same thing and is much easier to

    use
    > in
    > > Word documents.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Suzanne S. Barnhill
    > > Microsoft MVP (Word)
    > > Words into Type
    > > Fairhope, Alabama USA
    > > Word MVP FAQ site: http://www.mvps.org/word
    > > Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the

    newsgroup

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Jul 27, 2003