suggestions :)

Reaction score
ok as a few know i have just got a nerw computer ...

i am need in a few new things for it now !

first off: a non lag keyboard and mouse ... for the mouse i was thinking a logitech MX1000 and for the keyboard, well i have no idea !! lol ... just one that is wireless and doesn't lag

Secondly: Speakers - really i want to spend around £50 tops ... could go higher if i had to! but i want to try and stay at that ... I remember Postill suggested a 5.1 set of logitech ( i think ! ) ones at around fifty quid. i would settle for a 2.1 system as i listen to ALOT of music ... but the 5.1 is good for games apparantly, and films :p

Eventually i expect i will get a 17inch TFT, don't want to look into that yet but thought i should give it a mention :) i like the look of a sony one i saw ! anyways no need to go here lol

THANKS G~MISTER

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Just go Logitech for all except Monitor, cos they don't make them :p

Mouse - MX1000 or G7, can't go wrong.

Keyboard - I dunno, never seen the point of wireless keyboard, unless you got one o dem media centre thingies and want to type on sofa.

Sony 17" TFT Monitor is good - but pricier than most.

Reaction score
Get the Logitech X-230 speakers - they are great and sound AWESOME.

£35 delivered?

Get a set.

Reaction score
Well as far as a mouse I always recomend the Logitek trackman mouse... its definatle fast enough for games... you need little to no deskspace for it ... just a little hard for begginers.

Reaction score
thanks for suggestions, what wireless keyboard could u recomend ??

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
If your looking for a good gaming mouse look no where else than at the Razor Dimondback or Copperhead series, there the best ;). I had an MX1000, I thought it was the shiznit when i 1st used it, then i used a proper gaming mouse (Razor Dimondback) and was converted instantly!

Reaction score
razor copperhead has 2000dpi resolution, whereas the diamondbacks have 1600dpi.

not much difference but if your buying new go for the copperhead because there is not much price difference.

im getting a copperhead when i have built my new system

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Reefsmoka said:
If your looking for a good gaming mouse look no where else than at the Razor Dimondback or Copperhead series, there the best ;). I had an MX1000, I thought it was the shiznit when i 1st used it, then i used a proper gaming mouse (Razor Dimondback) and was converted instantly!

Really? I'm gonna have to check one of those out, I was all set to get a Logi G7, which costs about £63.00. Which with postage, I guess does work out to around £70.00.

G-Man, our reef do like his games, and if he recommends the Razor mice, I'd listen. I have :)

And the Logi speakers you've linked to have had good reviews.

I recently bought a cheap (£30.00 in PC World) pair of Altec Lansing 2.1 speakers for my 'lowest' machine and whilst they sound and look quite good, they not as sweet sounding as my Logi 2.1 speakers on another machine.

The Altec-Lansings were a supposed 'limited edition' in black and reduced by a tenner but bit of a disappointment was no bass level volume control on woofer. Suppose I could fit one myself, but nah, can't be bothered ;)

I really wouldn't know which wireless keyboard to recommend, sorry.

Reaction score
Depends what you will be using the speakers for Gman...

5.1 setups sound better than 2.1 in some uses, and vice versa.

Btw, that PCW price is pretty good. Defo go for those or the ones i said as the quality is simply amazing.

Reaction score
well mainly gaming and music ... no movies really as i have a 5.1 set up downstairs lol and on a big tv!

but 5.1 for gaming is really good apparantly! should be sweet!! :D

i may have a look at a phew gaming mice ... as ideally i would like to have a wireless one !! as atm i dont like all the leads running through my desk.

Ask a Question