Suggestion: All in one Inkjet

Alt Beer

Hi all,
I'm looking for suggestions for an all in one inkjet printer for home use.
I'd welcome any suggestions.

Looking for:

Printer / copier / flatbed scanner all in one inkjet (I DON'T need a
built in fax). Color and b&w for home use. Legal / A4 paper size.

Must have separate black cartridge.

Cartridges must be re-fillable (by me at home, if chipped then must be
easily resetable)

Must have print head built in to the cartridge so if a nozzle gets blocked I
can just throw in a new cartridge.

Will be using with Windows XP

Interface can be parallel or USB.

Possibly with an Ethernet socket so the printer can be shared between two
home PC's but this is not essential.

Does such a machine exist?

Thanks

Michael Johnson

I would suggest the Canon MP830. It meets all your requirements and
then some. It has separate ink tanks (five total) with a dedicated
black cartridge for text, can be refilled easily, has dual paper trays
of which one holds legal size paper, the print head isn't built into the
ink cartridges (hence the separate tanks and easy refilling) but it is
easily user replaceable, it scans/prints/copies in duplex, has a
document feeder for up to 35 sheets of paper and works well under
Windows XP and Vista. Also, I have seen this AIO printer on sale lately
for well under $200.

I still use the predecessor to this printer, the Canon MP780, and it has
worked flawlessly in nearly two years of home office duty. I don't
hesitate to recommend Canon AIO printers, especially the MP780 and
MP830. BTW, the MP830 is also an excellent photo quality printer.

DanG

Canon MP600 is very nice, and simple. Visit Canon.com and look at all the
models. The MP600 and up will have a 5-color tank system or better.

Michael Grey

You might look at the Canon MX310.
It has a document feeder for legal size and print cartridges with the head
included.

Jerry1111

Alt said:
Printer / copier / flatbed scanner all in one inkjet (I DON'T need a
built in fax). Color and b&w for home use. Legal / A4 paper size.

Must have separate black cartridge.

Cartridges must be re-fillable (by me at home, if chipped then must be
easily resetable)

Must have print head built in to the cartridge so if a nozzle gets blocked I
can just throw in a new cartridge.

Will be using with Windows XP

Interface can be parallel or USB.

Possibly with an Ethernet socket so the printer can be shared between two
home PC's but this is not essential.

Does such a machine exist?

For me sounds like a description of a HP C5180 all-in-one (except the
head - it's fixed). I did ~15 refills and no problems at all (so
basically I can throw this printer away and get a new one for saved cash).

Don't know why all the others are recommending only Canons ;-)

measekite

Michael Grey wrote:

You might look at the Canon MX310.

I like Canon but that is a poor choice.  The minimum All in one you should get is the 500 or even a better one if you can afford it.  Personally I do not like All in Ones because I like to get the best scanner (Epson) and the best printer (Canon) and if one goes bad or just sufferes from economic obsolescence then you only need to replace one function.  And to get the most out of it use only Canon ink.

It has a document feeder for legal size and print cartridges with the head included. "Alt Beer" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Hi all, I'm looking for suggestions for an all in one inkjet printer for home use. I'd welcome any suggestions. Looking for: Printer / copier / flatbed scanner all in one inkjet (I DON'T need a built in fax). Color and b&w for home use. Legal / A4 paper size. Must have separate black cartridge. Cartridges must be re-fillable (by me at home, if chipped then must be easily resetable) Must have print head built in to the cartridge so if a nozzle gets blocked I can just throw in a new cartridge. Will be using with Windows XP Interface can be parallel or USB. Possibly with an Ethernet socket so the printer can be shared between two home PC's but this is not essential. Does such a machine exist? Thanks

Frank

measekite wrote:

I like Canon but that is a poor choice.

No, that's a nice choice.

The minimum All in one you
should get is the 500 or even a better one if you can afford it.
Personally I do not like All in Ones because I like to get the best
scanner (Epson) and the best printer (Canon) and if one goes bad or just
sufferes from economic obsolescence then you only need to replace one
function.

Personally? Personally, you've never owned any all-in-ones right? No
lying now!
Never...not one, right?
So how would you expect anyone to believe your personal opinion?
They don't!
Frank