Subtotals

G

gary

The amounts in some cells are not being included in the subtotals. (Thesecells have a green triangle in the upper-left corner). When I select one of these cells and press the F2 function key then press Enter, the green triangle gets removed and the amount gets included in the total.

How do I find and correct all of the cells with green triangles?

C

Claus Busch

Hi,

Am Tue, 3 Jun 2014 08:53:36 -0700 (PDT) schrieb gary:
The amounts in some cells are not being included in the subtotals. (These cells have a green triangle in the upper-left corner). When I select one of these cells and press the F2 function key then press Enter, the green triangle gets removed and the amount gets included in the total.

How do I find and correct all of the cells with green triangles?

are the values numbers? If they have a green triangle the number is text
formatted. Write 1 in a empty cell, copy this cell, select your the
range with your numbers => Paste special => Multiply

Regards
Claus B.

G

gary

The cells with the green triangles are not formatted as text. They are formatted as numbers with two decimal places. (The "use 1000 separator" box is checked).

In one of the cells, the number is displayed as 5,095.67

C

Claus Busch

Hi Gary,

Am Tue, 3 Jun 2014 09:22:32 -0700 (PDT) schrieb gary:
The cells with the green triangles are not formatted as text. They are formatted as numbers with two decimal places. (The "use 1000 separator" box is checked).

In one of the cells, the number is displayed as 5,095.67

if you select a cell with a green triangle you get a Smarttag. If you
press the dropdown you can see the description of the error.

Regards
Claus B.

Ask a Question