Subform open to new record

Bonnie

Using AXP. I have a mainform where you click a button to
search for various contract numbers and the subform has
existing withdrawal records for that contract that are in
process and need editing (you can also add new records).
How can I have the subform open to 'go to new record' as
they go from contract to contract on the main form?

The reason I need to do this is new people sometimes type
over the existing first record on the subform thinking
they are adding a new record.

If I put 'go to new' on the subform's OnOpen event it only
works when the main form is first opened.

I know I'm missing something simple, I'm not a programmer
but I'm learning on my own. Any advice would be MOST
appreciated. I have learned beaucoup here in the
Newsgroups. Thanks in advance for any help.

Byron

I would suggest that instead of trying to move the user
to a New Record, you might try preventing them from being
able to edit the existing record by having the controls
locked in the subform. The provide an Add New Record
button on the subform that will move the user to the new
record and unlock the controls.

Hope this might help

Byron

Bonnie

Yes, that would be best. However, the records are created
and then edited by 3-4 folks as they work their way
through our department. I could create different
permissions for separate groups but, again, sometimes the
creator helps with the edits.

Thanks for the advice, I'll keep looking for a solution.
I'm not a programmer, just self-taught and can work with
event procedures and some existing modules.