Sub Form Locks File

Hubert Hoffman

I have a main form in an access 2000 DB. I added a sub-
form to the main form. Now when I open the main form, the
entire database gets locked.

If I remove the sub form and then open the main form,
everything is OK.

I have been trying to get an answer to this for months.
As best as I can tell, Access thinks the form went to
design mode, and locks the entire DB.

I am at a loss.

I place DB1 on a shared drive.

Open DB1 from two different computers == works OK.
Close DB1

Open DB1. Open Form1
Go to second computer and try to open DB1 == Error Msg.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or solutions.

Hubert Hoffman

prabha

Hi Hubert,

What if you try the same with the Northwind database sample (c:\program
files\microsoft office\office\samples\northwind.mdb)? Use the "Orders"
Form.

If it works with Northwind then there's something specific with your
subForm. Assuming you are not doing something out of the ordinary it's
possible that your subForm is corrupted. What if you create a new one? If
you get the same result with a new one then I would be looking at the
underlying source of the subForm (e.g., Table/Query).

I hope this helps! If you have additional questions on this topic, please
respond back to this posting.

Regards,

Eric Butts
Microsoft Access Support

"Microsoft Security Announcement: Have you installed the patch for
Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026? If not Microsoft strongly advises
you to review the information at the following link regarding Microsoft
Security Bulletin MS03-026
<http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp> and/or
to visit Windows Update at <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/> to install
the patch. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will help
to insure you are current with all security patches, not just MS03-026."