stupid me help if you can

Ok i have been a little dumb here. I installed vista ultimate without reading
the fine print and not i´m in a fix. I had Norton anti-viris installed on my
pc when i updated from XP Pro and of corse it dosn´t work but that aint the
prob. How do i uninstall norton coz when i try through control manager it
says only works with xp, blah blah blah. So do i roll back to Xp uninstall or
is there another way
Thanks if you can help

ko van Zeeland

Ok i have been a little dumb here. I installed vista ultimate without
reading
the fine print and not i´m in a fix. I had Norton anti-viris installed
on my
pc when i updated from XP Pro and of corse it dosn´t work but that
aint the
prob. How do i uninstall norton coz when i try through control manager
it
says only works with xp, blah blah blah. So do i roll back to Xp
uninstall or
is there another way
Thanks if you can help

On the website from Symantec you can search for a uninstall tool colled RNAV.EXE
that should do the uninstall.

I cannot gauranty it works under Vista.

ko van Zeeland

ko van Zeeland

Ok i have been a little dumb here. I installed vista ultimate without
On the website from Symantec you can search for a uninstall tool
colled RNAV.EXE that should do the uninstall.

I cannot gauranty it works under Vista.

ko van Zeeland

PS: forgot to mention it's version dependend!

ko van Zeeland

Bernie

The only known way to remove it is to reformat and reinstall Vista. It
looks like you used the upgrade XP option when you installed Vista. This
has often been problematical. Your best option is to either use a
separate disk for Vista or at least a separate partition. In the last
few days there have been several posts here on how to install Vista in
an optimal way.

John Barnes

If that fails, you can also search for the manual uninstall. That often is
the only way to get rid of it.

Mark D. VandenBeg

One...

Bernie said:
The only known way to remove it is to reformat and reinstall Vista. It
looks like you used the upgrade XP option when you installed Vista. This
has often been problematical. Your best option is to either use a separate
disk for Vista or at least a separate partition. In the last few days
there have been several posts here on how to install Vista in an optimal
way.

Mark D. VandenBeg

There is no "rollback" to XP from Vista. You did not install a new
screen-saver. You over-wrote your operating system. The only way back to
XP is to reformat the partition and reinstall, naturally taking all of your
documents out as well. Try to use Kol's idea for uninstalling Norton.

Mark D. VandenBeg

Sorry: Try "Ko's" idea for uninstalling Norton.

Mark D. VandenBeg said:
There is no "rollback" to XP from Vista. You did not install a new
screen-saver. You over-wrote your operating system. The only way back to
XP is to reformat the partition and reinstall, naturally taking all of
your documents out as well. Try to use Kol's idea for uninstalling
Norton.

"read the fine print" <read the fine (e-mail address removed)>

Paul Smith

read the fine print said:
Ok i have been a little dumb here. I installed vista ultimate without
reading
the fine print and not i´m in a fix. I had Norton anti-viris installed on
my
pc when i updated from XP Pro and of corse it dosn´t work but that aint
the
prob. How do i uninstall norton coz when i try through control manager it
says only works with xp, blah blah blah. So do i roll back to Xp uninstall
or
is there another way

As others have pointed out its a format jobby.

Then take my advice and don't use any Symantec/Norton software again, it
just gets worse and worse with every release. Avast anti-virus seems
popular with other MVPs these days and far less troublesome. For a firewall
the XP SP2 is fine for every day use.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.