Windows XP stupid exlorer

Reaction score
I've been trying hours to patch my explorer. Won't start and will not run. I am getting the error message "explorer.exe application failed to initialize properly (0xc000005)"

Nowhere in the MS website can I find the fix. Download's for Explorer will not complete either...

Any ideas?
TM

Reaction score
What O/S are you using

As you did not include your O/S, from googling the problem i get the following?
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=217134 from the Microsoft Site!
It does refer to NT4 but may give you some hints on what to do, if that fails try googling it again and include your O/S in the search as this will help more.

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Just to be sure here, "Explorer.EXE" in not Internet Explorer, although they are linked.

This is usually a sign of a virus or nasties infection ... run everything you got and then some more ... if that failes ...

Try "sfc /scannow" at a command prompt. You will need your XP install CD handy for this.

See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747 for details.

If that fails, do a repair install using the XP CD, see:

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Welcome to the forums. :)

Reaction score
more info

Friends: OS is Windows XP = back to the continued problem... the real deal is the blue screen of death... no desktop, no folders, no nuthin. Big fat stinkin blue screen and that's it. The only way I've gone around this is cont/alt/del to get to the task manage/new task/folder for internet explorer that starts up a "blank page on-line", then off on the internet to wherever I want to go...

I've already tried F5 safe mode, then for the go-back feature to an earlier time = error message still the same and the same blue screen.

I also tried the MS download programs... all failed to download...

I did try the "soundblaster fix"... that program did not and does not exist on my computer... so that's not it...

I already know .40 bullets will not help my computer... thanks for any further advice!

TM

muckshifter

Reaction score
ah, more information ...

Can you start in Safe Mode ?

Reaction score
F5 Safe Mode = yes. Tried my Norton in SM, Winshield, Bulletproofsoft Hijacker and Spydoctor... ran all programs several times to remove every bug they all found... still stinkin blue screen... btw also removed "limewire and ipod" programs my dang kids loaded up...

TM

muckshifter

Reaction score
The PC works in Safe Mode, yes ?

I won't give the time of day for any of those "programs" however, download HJT un-zip it to its own folder and post a log here.

:)

Ask a Question