Student Activation

Brandon

I have two computers with Vista that I got from a program that Microsoft runs
giving students free access to the OS. Now it says all of a sudden that I
need to re-activate on both my laptop and my desktop. Did something expire
since they are both through the schools program (I don't know if that is why
its free or something) or is it a coincidence that they both are needed to be
activated at the same time?

Mick Murphy

How long have you been running it; 6 months?
If it is, it is Vista Enterprise.
See the System Admin at your School for him to re-activate them!

Mike Brannigan

Brandon said:
I have two computers with Vista that I got from a program that Microsoft
runs
giving students free access to the OS. Now it says all of a sudden that I
need to re-activate on both my laptop and my desktop. Did something expire
since they are both through the schools program (I don't know if that is
why
its free or something) or is it a coincidence that they both are needed to
be
activated at the same time?

So, just reactivate.
If it will not do it over the Internet then just follow the activation
wizard and phone active - it is usually toll free and takes less than 5
minutes.

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
Given the date,
I would start with this article seeing how beta versions of SP1 are
expiring today.

954753 You receive a message when you run Windows Vista with a prerelease
build of Service Pack 1: "Your Windows License will expire"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;954753

Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

| >From: =?Utf-8?B?TWljayBNdXJwaHk=?= <[email protected]>
| >Subject: Re: Student Activation
| >Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 02:11:00 -0700
| >Newsgroups:
microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords

http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales/help/help_en-us.htm#RateAPostAsAnswer