Stuck in Safe Mode

G

Sigh...where to begin. So I did a system restore a while back. Afterwards, I tried to reinstall Norton AntiVirus 2004. It wouldn't work. I contacted Symantec and got a the typical form letter back. I followed the steps in their form letter to the letter, which included double clicking an icon which would modify the Norton information in the registry. Tried to reinstall, and plop...nothing.

So I gave up. But the problem now is that my system won't start up in anything other than safe mode. I ran MSCONFIG, checked "Normal Startup - load all device drivers and services", then rebooted. Still in safe mode. I tried to reboot and go into the setup menu to pick normal mode. Typed "1" for normal mode and continued...still in safe mode.

Thinking I might be able to solve the problem with yet another system restore, I tried that. But it seems my restore points are all inexplicably gone, so I don't have any way to restore to an earlier time

Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't want to spend the rest of my days operating in safe mode! Thanks!

L

Lance Joiner

Start..run...msconfig..boot.ini tab and make sure safeboot is not checked.

Ask a Question