strange sd card behavior

Gary Metzler

Hi All,

My wife is using windows xp home sr3. She just came back from a trip to
Michigan. She took about thirty pictures. She can view the pictures while
the card is in the camera but, when she puts it in the card reader the newer
pictures don't show up. Older pictures are there but, not the new ones.
All the pictures show up while the card is in the camera. Can this be
fixed? Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks,

--

Regards, Gary Metzler
send to: (e-mail address removed)

mscotgrove

send to: (e-mail address removed)://www.outtasighttravel.com
Msn messenger:  (e-mail address removed)
Skype name:  garymetz

It sounds like the card has become slightly corrupted. Cameras
typcially have a very basic implementation of FAT and so may be more
tolerant of faults.

Try some data recovery software - you may need to do a raw image scan
to find the lost photos.

DO NOT take any more photos until you have recovered all the ones you
want

Michael
www.cnwrecovery.com

Gary Metzler

Hi
Michael,

Would a program like recuva help with this? thanks,
[...]

Michaelwww.cnwrecovery.com- Hide quoted text -

There are several possible programs. Some free, and some such as mine
are not free!

Michael

Gary Metzler

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the information. I am going to try recuva and hope that will fix
her problem.
Hi
Michael,

Would a program like recuva help with this? thanks,<[email protected]>
wrote in message

It sounds like the card has become slightly corrupted. Cameras
typcially have a very basic implementation of FAT and so may be more
tolerant of faults.

Try some data recovery software - you may need to do a raw image scan
to find the lost photos.

DO NOT take any more photos until you have recovered all the ones you
want

Michaelwww.cnwrecovery.com- Hide quoted text -

There are several possible programs. Some free, and some such as mine
are not free!

Michael

John Inzer

Gary said:
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the information. I am going to try recuva and hope that
will fix her problem.
==========================
Recuva is a good program...
I suspect it will recover your photos.

Let us know the result.

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Gary Metzler

Hi All,

I solved the problem of the missing photos on my wifes camera. I put the
card in the reader and put it on my laptop. When I opened the main folder I
noticed that there were two more folders both with the same name. I opened
one and saw that there were over 200 pictures. I opened the second folder
and there were the missing pictures. That was really a strange one.