Strange graphics prob

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I got a Radeon 9800 Pro 128kb second hand was supposed to be faulty so I took a real gamble and forked out the £0.99 and the £3.50 postage . Well I've fitted it with a Arctic Cooler tha had a stuttering fan . Took it to bits and cleaned the fan and it works but is very noisey . Suprised when the card powered up , had some strange coloured dots as the XP windows was loading but the desktop looked good (see pic) However look at the other pics and you will see that the courser is very strange , in one pic you should be able to see dinasours and in the othere pics you'll see what looks like two bar codes where there should be a hand , the hand only shows between the two bar codes when it is over a link . Any ideas folks . :D After my last mega mess with ATI drivers I'm loath to try new drivers , if anyone can link me to some rock solid drivers that work I'd give them a go .
nod.gif

Pics were taken with a camera as I don't have software and network installed yet .

Attachments

• Image00004.jpg
    Image00004.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 225
  • Image00008.jpg
    Image00008.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 266
  • Image00012.jpg
    Image00012.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 201
  • Image00011.jpg
    Image00011.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Ain't no one got any bright ideas . Must have been some weekend you folks had :D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Ain't no one got any bright ideas . Must have been some weekend you folks had :D
Well I have, but you won't like 'em ... ;)

ATI are not my cup of tea, never have been, any "problems" are usually associated with their poor excuse for drivers ... then, after you exhaust all the potential drivers on offer, I'm not surprised how many variations there are for one card, it that don't work, it will be the card itself.

Good luck.

:user:

Ask a Question