Stop dates updating in Word Automation

Reaction score
I have an automated program that needs to open word documents without the fields in the headers and footers being updated. This program is in c++, so its probably more confusing showing the code than just describing what is being set.

I set the Application. AutomationSecurity to msoAutomationSecurityForceDisable.

I go through each section and then set the fields to unlinked for each HeadersFooters.range.

This works fine for field codes that contain file names/paths, however dates and times are still being updated as soon as the document is opened. Has anyone got any ideas on how to stop these updating on open?

Just to clarify the dates/times need to be exactly what they were the last time they were opened, so setting dates to [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]CREATEDATE or SAVEDATE are not options. [/font]This is running from a c++ application and as soon as you access the the dates are already modified. This means if it is possible this feature would probably be within the application interface, but I couldn't find anything relevant.

Last edited:

Ask a Question