Steam

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Been having a bit of trouble with Steam and some of my games lately.

Using Windows 7 Ultimate, and normally click on Start and go to Steam folder, select game and click on the game and it will open and away I play. But lately I have to go to the notification area, open Steam and go to Library and start the game from there. Also when the game GTR, GTR Evolution, GTR 2 and Race 07 starts, it's very jerky, almost like I am trying to play a game on a machine that is way below recomended spec. Getting very frustrated here
:(

Reaction score
Ive been having problemsfor week. Everytime I starty borderlans 2 i'm constantly having to check files before it will start. Starting to get anoying now

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
No issues here. Well, apart from Prototype 2 not working, despite me trying everything Steam suggested to get it to work. Going to try it on new build soon, will report back if it works.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
you do turn off WCG or use "exclusive settings" in Boinc Settings ... I cant even watch a youtube vid without it jerking off

only got one game on steam ... :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I always launch direct from Steam, do you not do that?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
What happens if you launch from Steam?

Are you running a steam beta?

You could try closing Steam, deleting the clientregistry.blob file from the Steam main dir, and relaunching it?

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
What happens if you launch from Steam?

Are you running a steam beta?

You could try closing Steam, deleting the clientregistry.blob file from the Steam main dir, and relaunching it?

Games still not launching. Using the normal Steam. I shall give your suggestion a try

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I tried to play Prototype 2 within Steam on my new AMD build and it won't play at all. Initially when I clicked 'Play' (from within the Steam app) it updated, which took about 90 minutes. Then it just refuses to start, giving a 'write to to disk error' message.

On my main machine where Steam is also installed it does at least go to the opening screen but then siezes the machine solid. As I have reported elsewhere I have contacted Steam who took seven days to send me a stock answer. I tried everything Steam suggested, all to no avail.

So it looks as if I've wasted £12 or whatever it was I paid for Prototype 2, I'm glad I didn't pay full price for this flawed piece of junk.

I'm not impressed with Steam at all, I've rarely had any problems with them but it seems if there is a problem Steam pretty much ignore you and you're lumbered with it. This has made me very wary of Steam.

On the subject of games starting, I always start games from Steam's library display as the links from Windows main menu can be a bit hit and miss I've found.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Well that makes things clear as mud, lol, I've got the problems on both Intel and AMD-based machines :confused:

Ask a Question