StatusBar position when SIP showing

Michael Crago

Hi there,

I have a form containing a TabControl and Main menu component with ToolBar
buttons. When the keyboard SIP appears, I reduce the size of the TabControl
to fit in underneath. So far so good.

Then I added a StatusBar component. Everything works fine until the keyboard
SIP is raised. The SIP now covers the StatusBar and the extra height I have
removed from the TabControl to fit the StatusBar creates a 'gap' between the
bottom of the TabControl and the top of the SIP panel.

The StatusBar doesn't seem to want to move from the bottom of the screen.

Has anyone successfully used and resized a form containing both a StatusBar
and a SIP? If so, what am I missing? (Code available if required)

Robert Crago

Alex Feinman [MVP]

Status bar will not move from the bottom of the screen by design. When SIP
pops up it will obscure status bar, but that should not be a problem. Do
something like this in the SIP event handler:

int originalTabHeight;
private void inputPanel1_EnabledChanged(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
{
if( inputPanel1.Enabled )
{
originalTabHeight = tabControl1.Height;
tabControl1.Height = this.Height - inputPanel1.Bounds.Height;
}
else
{
tabControl1.Height = originalTabHeight;
}
}

Michael Crago

Thanks Alex - again I suspected as much. I can live with that.

However, I'm sure non-CF WinCE apps don't behave this way. I'm sure I've
seen the SIP appear BWTEEN the menu/toolbar and the status bar. Or am I just
remembering wrongly?

Thanks again...

Serg Kuryata [MS]

Hello Robert,

You can put the StatusBar into a Panel and then place the Panel wherever
you want.

Hope this helps.
Thank you,
Sergiy.