Startup Folder/Page/Screen Showing Ontop of Desktop on Startup

G

I installed a Lucent/Agere modem on hold feature on my computer. Now the C:\Documents and Settings\Wayne\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\MOH, screen, page or folder which shows all of its contents, mohapi.dll, LTMOH, LtMOH and
MOhelp pops up ontop of my desktop every time the computer starts up. I can exit out of this page by clicking the "X" in the upper right corner but it will still come up every time the computer starts up. The Lucent MOH comes up in my task bar and starts automatically just like I want it too, but does anyone know what the heck I can do to stop the page from showing up on my desktop and why I have to exit it every time I start my computer? After I exit the page which shows up on my desk top showing the contents of the above file the modem on hold feature continues to work. I hope you guys understand what I'm trying to explain here. Sure hope somebody out there has an answer because this is driving me nuts!

S

SA

Wayne said:
I installed a Lucent/Agere modem on hold feature on my computer. Now
the C:\Documents and Settings\Wayne\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\MOH,
screen, page or folder which shows all of its contents, mohapi.dll,
LTMOH, LtMOH and
MOhelp pops up ontop of my desktop every time the computer starts up.
I can exit out of this page by clicking the "X" in the upper right
corner but it will still come up every time the computer starts up.
The Lucent MOH comes up in my task bar and starts automatically just
like I want it too, but does anyone know what the heck I can do to
stop the page from showing up on my desktop and why I have to exit it
every time I start my computer? After I exit the page which shows
up on my desk top showing the contents of the above file the modem on
hold feature continues to work. I hope you guys understand what I'm
trying to explain here. Sure hope somebody out there has an answer
because this is driving me nuts!

Try start/run and type in msconfig. Now go to the "start up" tab and check
to see if hat item is checked. If it is, uncheck it. Good luck.

G

I tried what you said but it doesn't let the modem on hold feature open on startup like I want it to do. I still keep getting the Lucent MOH file contents popping up on top of my desk top. I don't understand why! The MOIH program opens but the darn folder contents WILL NOT stop showing up on the desk top. I can exit out of that page by clicking on the "X" but it's driving me nuts!
Thanks

Ask a Question