    start the AUTONUMBER at a specific number? Maybe I can't. Is there a way to
    paste in a specific number in a record?

    Thanks for the help and Happy Holidays.

    kfowlow, Dec 22, 2008

  2. Soud to me you should look into db replication for your needs.
    --
    Hope this helps,

    Daniel Pineault
    http://www.cardaconsultants.com/

    Daniel Pineault, Dec 22, 2008

  3. kfowlow

    Fred Boer Guest

    Hello:

    Autonumbers can be manipulated, IIRC, but an autonumber shouldn't be used in
    a situation where the value of the number matters. An autonumber is designed
    to create a unique identifier for a record, and it isn't guaranteed to
    remain in sequence. So if the value of the number matters, as it does here,
    don't use an Autonumber - create your own counter field. Roger Carlson has a
    useful sample here:

    http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/...?TID=395&SID=4b1a1cf12zcc94c95437117efaz7e98d

    HTH
    --
    Fred Boer - Amateur Access Enthusiast
    Interests: Library software / Z39.50 / Web Services

    Fred Boer, Dec 22, 2008
  4. kfowlow

    MikeR Guest

    kfowlow wrote:
    > Group,
    > I have a database that I want to give colleagues to input data when they
    > travel. It is a copy of my larger database but without the data. They will
    > have blank tables and they can fill in their data and when they get back they
    > can give it to me to update the main database. To keep things straight and
    > less work for me. I want to start off each colleague on a different
    > AUTONUMBER. They will have numbers like 9000,10000, 11000, 12000. How can I
    > start the AUTONUMBER at a specific number? Maybe I can't. Is there a way to
    > paste in a specific number in a record?
    >
    > Thanks for the help and Happy Holidays.

    http://www.databasedev.co.uk/reset_autonumber.html
    Mike