Standard Video Drivers?

G

Hi - I'm trying to install a new video card in my computer, it tell me to un-install the old video card driver I did that, One of the steps tells me to use the Standard VGA driver, but Standard Drivers are now missing from the manufacturer's list.I get an error that the standard VGA drivers can Not Be installed? if I try to run the new Video card install drivers it gets all the way to the end and then says Severe! INF Error "NVQTWK.DLL" Video Driver Not Found! Any idea how to get them back?
or is there a fix for this? I tried to load the default (VGA) Drivers from the XP CD and it Still can not find them? Thanks for any info. or help
Rick D.

G

Try uninstalling all so far,software/drivers etc.Reboot computer,on desktop,
w/o new card,go to system properties,device mgr.,R.click display adapter,
select,uninstall,shut-down computer.Install new card,at this time,enter the
BIOS,you need to select the display adapter,pci or agp,disable on-board adapter
also,then save changes and exit the BIOS.On desktop,#1.anything other than a
ATI card,windows update will probably install it for you,if ATI,before all this you
should go to mfg web and downloaded the latest catalyst for xp,if theres more than
one file to open,open all at same time,no restarting computer after each,when all
is installed,reboot computer.Dont worry about stndrd or other types,xp will do that.

Ask a Question