standard prefixes for Objects & Variables ??

Rick

I'm trying to be consistant with my VB programming and use a 3 letter
lowercase prefix when naming objects and variables. I can't find an
accepted standard published list anywhere and have come up with some based
on Northwind and other examples in this newsgroup.

Does anyone have a widely accepted prefix for those I'm missing? And are
the one's I do have the most widely accepted ones used? Thanks for any
help or suggestions you might have.

Object Prefix Letter Naming Conventions
tbl Table
frm Form
qry Query
rpt Report
mdl Module
mcr Macro
rst Recordset
txt Test Box
cbo Combo Box
lbx List Box
lbl Label
Option Group
Toggle Button
Option Button
Check Box
btn Command Button
Image
Unbound Object Frame
Bound Object Frame
Tab Control
Sub Form
Sub Report
Line
Rectangle

Variable Prefix Naming Conventions
boo Boolean
Byte
cur Currency
Date
dec Decimal
dbl Double
int Integer
lng Long
New
obj Object
sng Single
str String
var Variant

Rick C

Dennis Schmidt

Hi Rick,

My name is Dennis Schmidt. Thank you for using the Microsoft Access
Newsgroup.

Many people use the following naming convention for Access objects:

http://www.gj.thorpe.btinternet.co.uk/namingcon.html

I hope this helps! If you have additional questions on this topic, please

Need quick answers to questions like these? The Microsoft Knowledge Base
provides a wealth of information that you can use to troubleshoot a problem
or answer a question! It's located at
http://support.microsoft.com/support/c.asp?M=F>.

You assume all risk for your use. © 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.

Regards,
Dennis Schmidt
Microsoft Support