ssl vpn works with XP not ith vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Networking' started by syd_p, Jul 9, 2009.

  1. syd_p

    syd_p Guest

    Hello,

    I have to use a recently provided ssl vpn to access work servers
    remotely with my vista laptop.
    But I only get limited access I can access a linux jump host and ssh
    to the other servers like that.
    But should be able to use http to access the servers.
    I succeed with http://remoteserver using my login on an XP machine
    belonging to someone else.
    But no joy with vista.
    Apparently only 1 or 2 people other have vista and both of them have
    the same symtoms as me.

    Enquires reveal that vista is not supported by the vpn. But all I want
    to do is work from home sometimes!
    Is there anything I could do to diagnose the problem and create a work
    around?

    Syd

    syd_p, Jul 9, 2009

  2. syd_p

    fasttech406 Guest

    Are they Vista 64 bit OS workstations? Not many VPN manufacturers support
    the 64 bit OS.

    I am trying NCP, a client that is suppose to support this. I have alos
    heard that people have loaded virtualization on the PC with a 32 bit version
    of the OS that get the connection working.
    --
    Bud

    fasttech406, Jul 15, 2009