SQLServer CE

Atley

I have an application for my iPaq 6315 that requires the drivers for SQL
server CE and the CompactFramework installed on it...

is there anywheere I can download these things to install? I have looked on
MS' site and have not found anything.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Atley

Is there somewhere I can just get the downloadable redistributables for
SQLServerCE without installing a Dev environment for it?

Atley

How do I install the files necessary to use a SQL Server CE Database on my
device? I do not see a installer...

Ginny Caughey [MVP]

Atley,

You can copy the files to your device using ActiveSync. I didn't see a
download link that didn't include the Embedded Visual Tools. Why not contact
the developer of the application that requires SqlCE?

Ginny Caughey
..Net Compact Framework MVP

Atley

I copied the files from SQLServerCE v2\Program Files\dataaccess31\wce300\ARM
to the \windows folder on my device...

I tried running my application and got the following error:

This application requires a newer version of the Mocrosoft .NET Compact
Framework than the version installed on this device.

If I press the Details button I get:

TypeLoadException
Could not load type
System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeEngine
from assembly
System.Data.SqlServerCe,
Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken = 96DB8053D3322AC.

Form:: Onload +0x15
Form::_SetVisibleNotify+0x1d
Control::set_Visible+0x1f
Application::Run+0x7
frmSplash::Main+0xd

HELP!

Atley

Where do I get this SQL CE CAB from? nothign I have found so far matches
this discription.

"Ilya Tumanov [MS]" said:
You need to copy SQL CE CAB (sqlce.<OS>.<CPU>.CAB) file which would match
your device and click on it to install.

Best regards,

Ilya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.<e#[email protected]>
Subject: Re: SQLServer CE
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 14:27:52 -0400
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework

I copied the files from SQLServerCE v2\Program Files\dataaccess31\wce300\ARM
to the \windows folder on my device...

I tried running my application and got the following error:

This application requires a newer version of the Mocrosoft .NET Compact
Framework than the version installed on this device.

If I press the Details button I get:

TypeLoadException
Could not load type
System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeEngine
from assembly
System.Data.SqlServerCe,
Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken = 96DB8053D3322AC.

Form:: Onload +0x15
Form::_SetVisibleNotify+0x1d
Control::set_Visible+0x1f
Application::Run+0x7
frmSplash::Main+0xd

HELP!

on for
SQL

nzpcmad

If you have Visual Studio installed they are here:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
2003\CompactFrameworkSDK\v1.0.5000\Windows CE\wce300\CPU Type

or

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
2003\CompactFrameworkSDK\v1.0.5000\Windows CE\wce400\CPU Type

Zac Maclean

How are you packaging the application?

If you can deploy direct from the development machine, and the proper
references are in the code, it will deploy and install the needed support
files.