sql connection

I've added a new user as ASPNET in my laptop (where I am the only user) and
I'm using this connection string:
"Data Source=(local);Initial Catalog=Orchestra;User Id=ASPNET;Password=boby"
but it's giving me this error when tring to access any table in my Orchestra
database: "Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection".

Thanks.

Cor Ligthert [MVP]

Mike,

You have already tried

"Integrated Security = sspi;"

Instead of "user and password"

For that local database.

I hope this helps,

Cor

yes I tried by using the following:
"Data Source=(local);Initial Catalog=Orchestra;Integrated Security=SSPI"
and also I tried:
"Server=(local);Database=Orchestra;Integrated Security=SSPI"
and its giving me this error:
"failed for user 'CHUBB-19EE0184D\ASPNET'"

Cor Ligthert [MVP]

Mike,

I don't know this behaviour on a local SQLserver.

Therefore what version of SQL server is this.

Cor

Version 8.00.194
--
Regads,
Rochdi

Cor Ligthert said:
Mike,

I don't know this behaviour on a local SQLserver.

Therefore what version of SQL server is this.

Cor

Michael Nemtsev

Hello Mike,

Have u tried to grant admin role to your user?

M> yes I tried by using the following:
M> "Data Source=(local);Initial Catalog=Orchestra;Integrated
M> Security=SSPI"
M> and also I tried:
M> "Server=(local);Database=Orchestra;Integrated Security=SSPI"
M> and its giving me this error:
M> "failed for user 'CHUBB-19EE0184D\ASPNET'"
M> "Cor Ligthert [MVP]" wrote:
M>---
WBR,
Michael Nemtsev :: blog: http://spaces.msn.com/members/laflour

"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not
cease to be insipid." (c) Friedrich Nietzsche

yes
--
Regads,
Rochdi

Michael Nemtsev said:
Hello Mike,

Have u tried to grant admin role to your user?

M> yes I tried by using the following:
M> "Data Source=(local);Initial Catalog=Orchestra;Integrated
M> Security=SSPI"
M> and also I tried:
M> "Server=(local);Database=Orchestra;Integrated Security=SSPI"
M> and its giving me this error:
M> "failed for user 'CHUBB-19EE0184D\ASPNET'"
M> "Cor Ligthert [MVP]" wrote:
M>---
WBR,
Michael Nemtsev :: blog: http://spaces.msn.com/members/laflour

"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not
cease to be insipid." (c) Friedrich Nietzsche

Michael Nemtsev

Hello Mike,

Can u connect successfully by QueryAnalyzer?

M> yes
---
WBR,
Michael Nemtsev :: blog: http://spaces.msn.com/members/laflour

"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not
cease to be insipid." (c) Friedrich Nietzsche

Richard Blewett [DevelopMentor]

Mike said:
yes I tried by using the following:
"Data Source=(local);Initial Catalog=Orchestra;Integrated Security=SSPI"
and also I tried:
"Server=(local);Database=Orchestra;Integrated Security=SSPI"
and its giving me this error:
"failed for user 'CHUBB-19EE0184D\ASPNET'"

The problem is that the SQL Server has not been set up for mixed mode
authententication - therefore you need to use integrated security.

When you try this you get your second error which sounds like the logon
hasn't got access to your database or access to the things in the database
it needs.

Regards

Richard Blewett - DevelopMentor
http://www.dotnetconsult.co.uk/weblog